Skip to content

Discuss This Honda and Yamaha prefer no barrier to Suzuki return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda and Yamaha prefer no barrier to Suzuki return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda and Yamaha prefer no barrier to Suzuki return

Senior management at Honda and Yamaha are both in agreement that there should be no barrier preventing the potential return of Suzuki’s factory squad in the 2014 MotoGP world championship. Suzuki is pushing ahead with plans to return to MotoGP next year after going into self-imposed exile at the end of 2011 because of the continuing impact of the global financial...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 13:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Suzuki

The trouble is Suzuki wont commit to the long term, so why have them enter at the expense of loosing another team that has run the course...

Carmelo is right  - If they sign up for three years then give them the full entitlement, but dont let them piss about.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nakamoto-mouth..

Always takes a contrary view..who the fk put him in charge?

I bet he wouldn't be quite so supportive if non-Jap manufacturers wanted to enter with some of the slack Suzuki have been cut in the past?

They left it until the last second to inform staff they didn't have a job and reneged on contracts, after everyone bent over backwards in an effort to help them stay.

They cannot be trusted to stick to their word and behaved dishonourably..you can't blame Dorna for getting the hump and heavy handed.

Let them set their own team up..on the proviso they pay a hefty up front deposit, non-refundable if they fail to race with a mimimum of two riders for three years. If they poach any staff already employed in the paddock..they get kicked out and lose all the bond money.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

conspicuous by their absence

Anybody noticed that almost none of the stories regarding Suzukis return actually contain any information/quotes from Suzuki? Can we just put this non story to bed until they actually do something that makes them look like their coming back? Testing a bike would be a start or at least breaking their silence. All the hype surrounding RDP as a test rider and Aspar as a partner is just that hype. I'm pretty sure RDP's much publicised contract to test is only an agreement in principle based on IF Suzuki come up with a bike they want to test and the aspar link was put forward by carmelo. I know the odds are 60/40 in favour of them coming back but is "Some guy who doesn't work for Suzuki has opinion on their return" really a story? I've said it before if we're going to have this type of speculative journalism what about other manufacturers currently missing from the series?

Reply to this Topic
walter54

Dec 12

walter54 says:

Bigger grid

I don't see why they can't allow Suzuki to commit to a long term deal and let them run their own team as it would only make a bigger grid by 2 more bikes, surely the bigger the grid the better and the more manufacturers the better. Win win all round that way.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Like to see them back but I doubt the sports any cheaper at the front. Alvaro proved the Suzuki wasn't that far off when he got on the Honda and didn't go much if any better. Sport needs to be a little less expensive at the front not the back...

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

buy the grid spot??

what an load of babba,. they should be welcoming factory teams in with open arms and leave the grid to build up, not take it out on wsbk and crt shitty efforts, jesus get carmello out. fucking tool.

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Suzuki Return

We should be encouraging them to return not making it harder we need more prototypes on the grid not the second league CRT's

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

This has already been discussed at length. IF they come back it would be with a prototype not a CRT. By partnering an existing team it means 1) a new protype on the grid therefore less CRT's 2) a more stable grid 3) Suzuki have a chance to prove their commitment 4) existing CRT teams having the opportunity to attract manufacturers and therefore more competitive machinery 5) The manufacturer does not have to develop a whole new team from the ground up therfore avoiding the logistical challenges inherent in starting any new project. 6) The rule rightly favours teams like privateer teams like aspar or pramac who have supported the series over manufacturers who have abandoned it in the past and are likely to do so again. IMO Carmelo is right even though it pains me to say it. After the amount of concessions that were maded to suzuki in the past if they want to rejoin the championship they should be prepared to come with a full on effort and be willing to meet any criteria Dorna set them. But as I said below perhaps somebody should ask Suzuki what they think.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Does Carmelo want the grid size to remain the same or to expand ??

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Quite agree with Jarvis. A definitel 3 year minimum commitment should allow them back into Motogp, I would like them to come back with 3 full factory bikes on the grid. they had a great bike and a very good team before. Not sure I like Ezpeletas idea of them having to come back via a CRT pertnership. Suzuki abandoned Motogp which was wrong, but they do have a good history and pedigree in the class and the class needs competetive full factory teams racing.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle