Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN February 20th: New Tiger Sport Rules the Road General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN February 20th: New Tiger Sport Rules the Road

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN February 20th: New Tiger Sport Rules the Road

In this week's MCN, out February 20th, we have a world-exclusive first test of the new Triumph Tiger Sport We have a free pull-out guide to the 2013 World Superbike Championship, which kicks off this weekend. Also this week: Triumph's new Daytona 675 tested against the old model, Norton's new street scrambler, and used CBR600s from only £2k. In sport: All the latest from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 February 2013 16:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

tiger 675

am i the only person who wants a tiger 675 based on the street triple, the other firms seem to have faired versions of their middleweight roadsters. One for us shorties

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

steady2wheels

Personally I would prefer a 1350cc SIX, Daytona Hyperbike with about 240bhp. If they really wanted to they could.

Reply to this Topic
BREE

Mar 08

BREE says:

Triumph

Well bloody surprise surprise. MCN makes more arse clenching one sided reviews and guess what bike. Yes you guest it TRIUMPH. If we were all to listen to your one sided rhetoric then there would only be one bike on UK roads yes it  would be a Triumph. But reality is a completely different story and that reality is that triumph does not rule, yes they do produce some good bikes but bloody hell your headline leads with Triumph Tiger Sport, followed by Triumph Daytona, get real mate there are better bikes and more worthwhile stories to follow and how rather creepy it is that you are that stuck up Triumphs Arse that the smell taints your every storyline.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Yes please

You are not the only one STEADY i've said it before a few times,could have had a gaggle of 675's for every taste but it seem's they cannot (triumph) forsee or not willing to respond to Market demands,just not big enough as i see.Need a big player behind them with some money and clout

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Bree - point taken

Hi Bree,

I love Triumphs - I'm on my 4th one in 14 years and have never had a breakdown, however I do have to agree with you that MCN seem to laud them over other makes which I think is counter productive.
When I say counter productive, I mean it gives people the opportunity to have a pop at them.
what we really want is unbiased opinions - from other owners of other makes too, because I listen to other peoples opinions when I'm choosing my next bike - so I'd rather have an unbiased opinion than one that's tainted because of bad journalism.
Ta,
Baz

Reply to this Topic
simon0503

Jun 06

simon0503 says:

Bree...

Why all the bitterness and vitriol against MCN and Triumph? Triumph is a British success story, manufacturing some great bikes. Also, in recent articles about other new bikes launched onto the market (e.g. KTM 1190 Adventure, GS1200 etc.) MCN has also been very complimentary (one sided???) about them! Have you considered that maybe MCN concentrate each addition/lead article on differing manufacturers launch of their new bikes? If every week was dedicated to Triumph I might end up a sceptic like you, but they don't.

Reply to this Topic
BREE

Mar 08

BREE says:

Triumph

Hi simon

I have never doubted that Triumph make a good bike. And I can assure you there is no bitterness in my approach just honest observation, I have yet to read any article in MCN where bikes are pitted against each other where The Triumph does not come out on top. try it for yourself go back on previous articles and check it out. Normally they will tip it in the Triumphs favor by the smallest of things, it is so transparent that it just does make good reading. I am not against Triumph Motorcycles just the sad way that journalists at MCN appear to be led by company policy to make ALL Triumphs theeeee best bike since sliced bread. It really is not what the paying customer wants, a bit of honest journalism would go a lot further with readers than this continuing sucking up to one Bike manufacturer.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Bree

Perhaps you should actually read this week MCN. The tiger sport isnt! last years KTM SMT 990 is!!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Bree!

Did you see the Triumph Trophy comparison test a few weeks ago? It didn't come out too well against the BMWs it was compared with!

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Make your own Report

Weither you agree or not to these Test Reports is a personal matter.What is much more important if you are in the Market,is it in my price,does it suit me ergonomicaly,will it perform etc. etc. etc.The test report is a guy's opinion and not to be taken to seriously.YOU take a Test ride And make your OWN Report.

I do think though their is a certain amount of manufacturers influence in ALL these New Bike Reports.In my opinion some Leverage is made to say things that Manufacturers want to hear.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices