Skip to content

Ask an Expert 6 years car driving now want to try bike :) New rider

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > New rider > 6 years car driving now want to try bike :)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

theantsta

Feb 13

theantsta says:

6 years car driving now want to try bike :)

hi all

after 6 years driving a car i have decided to try bikes instead i had a 125 years ago but got bored ( maybe because wasnt fast enough) :) i want to get backinto it but dont know the best road to take should i do CBT and then individual lessons or should i try an intensive week corse and get it out the way and after i pass should i start small ( 125 small) or jus go for the big guns get a cheapish 650 jump inthe deep end :D any advice will be great  thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 February 2013 13:42)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Personally I'd recommend the DAS - do your lessons (not necessarily in a week, I did mine over the course of about two months) then go straight for a 650. If you've been driving a while you'll already have a decent sense of the road (which is why most people use a 125 for two years first, just to get some roadsense) so you should pick it up fairly well. Just take your time with the lessons and learn everything you can.

Ultimately though it's down to you! If you feel comfortable on the 500s during your lessons then you know you're on the right track.

Good luck and have fun!

Reply to this Topic
theantsta

Feb 13

theantsta says:

thanks for reply

thanks for youre reply yea i was thinkin more towards bigger bikes then 125 im a very impatient person :D i have a big lump some of money coming my way so thought what better to spend it on then doing something ive wanted to do for awhile :D

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices