Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal

Talks that could see live coverage of the MotoGP world championship remain on the BBC beyond 2013 are underway. The Beeb’s current five-year deal expires at the end of the this year and Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta confirmed to MCN that the Spanish-based rights owners are in discussions with other interested parties as well as the BBC. He refused to name potential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 February 2013 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Please not Sky!

Im sure their coverage would be great but im not paying for it.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Charlie Cox

Why?

Reply to this Topic
Dener

Sep 10

Dener says:

SKY Uh now way will i pay a premium subscription to watch MotoGP if Sky get the deal

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

No

Me neither.

If its not on the BBC I wont be watching it. I`ll pay a monthly £5 and watch WSBK. 
This year promises to be a good one, but the offering over the last few years has been woeful, with the scanty grids and only the possibility of a couple of potential winners. Dorna have`nt got a great product to sell so the Beeb should afford it.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

£2.99 a month to watch it on euro sport player on the ipad or computer. Thats less than a pint. But i wont get sky no way.

Reply to this Topic
thevelofellow

May 08

MotoGP on BBC

No Moto2, No Moto3, No Practice and MotoGP only providing there is nothing important on like Golf. Giving exclusive rites to the BBC is a joke. Let them screen it by all means but for goodness sake give Eurosport it's FULL coverage back.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

joke

charlie cox talk rubbish, rest of the team barring azi know what they are on about, but without it being free to watch as such then less brits would see the races,f1 gets more coverage,its bollocks, and that includes using the red button.!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Anyone but Sky

I don't care who shows MotoGP as long as it's not Sky. Absolute scumbags.

The BBC do a decent enough job and for the other classes I just watch Eurosport. I like Julian Ryder, but Toby Moody is the most know-it-all smug git on TV. They should replace him with Steve Day, who is far better (in my opinion). My favourite commentry team by a mile is Jack n Jim on WSBK/BSB

By the way ow01 don't underestimate Azi, she knows her stuff, and has even done Colin Edward's Texas Tornado Bootcamp.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Ok ok.....

......As long as it does not go to SKY TV then fine, otherwise we will be paying through the nose to watch it, leave it to Eurosport or the BBC or ITV but not Sky please Carmelo, not Sky.

Reply to this Topic
jbond

Aug 02

jbond says:

Eurosport

I've no problem with BBC, ITV or whatever showing MotoGP free to air. Just as long as Eurosport can show it all in real time as well. The last few years of Eurosport 1hr delayed with BBC more or less live has sucked. I'd rather watch BBC with the sound off and listen to commentary direct from motogp.com And yes, please keep it out of the hands of Sky Sports unless they show it free to air.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices