Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal

Talks that could see live coverage of the MotoGP world championship remain on the BBC beyond 2013 are underway. The Beeb’s current five-year deal expires at the end of the this year and Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta confirmed to MCN that the Spanish-based rights owners are in discussions with other interested parties as well as the BBC. He refused to name potential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 February 2013 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hardhatharry99

Aug 10

anyone but the BBC

If your going to get an exclusive deal to show live MotoGP why would you show such derision as the BBC does? No Moto3, no Moto2, MotoGP only if it doesn't clash with the Golf, Snooker etc. Don't get me started on Charlie Cox the worst commentator ever and Parish isn't much better. I really don't understand why they don't give the commentating jobs to the guys who do the Moto2 and 3 coverage on the red button, much, much better (and probably cheaper too). The Matt Roberts pit walk is usually good but after that its dire. If Sky get it at least they would give it the airtime it deserves.

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

get rid

of the dim witt c cox and the shot the fox bloke. matt roberts with cruchlow on the pit walk is chringeworthy. pls let earosport have it. they know there stuff if a little annoying at times. pls not sky sports cuz we will paying to watch. also itv will be full of ads. and will be itv 4.. charlie friggin cox again he does tt too.leave it as it is please just change bbc commentators.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

mmm

It's eurosport all day long for me...sorry but im old school and jules ryder has been around forever.

Spalders is a wealth of information and toby is a good commentator too.

Although i o like the beebs Moto3 and Moto2 presenter/commentators..

Good thing about beeb no adverts,

Bad thing about beeb, as soon as golf F1 rugby or snooker is on Motogp takes 2nd best...

Love the all day thing with Eurosport on a saturday too.

Sorry beeb, your good but not Eurosport good...

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Yep put me in the Eurosport camp as well,but if it went to sky they could so much more I'm not a car fan,but even I've been impressed with the pre-season practice of F1 and the race coverage etc is light years better,and there's no reason why that couldn't be done with Moto GP.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

if the bbc don't get it....

Then I won't be paying my tv licence.....I'll be fuked if I'm paying them 100 odd quid a year to make programmes about animals having a shit and eastfukinenders.....and ponces kicking a bag of wind about with their mates eating strawberries and batting a ball over a net

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

the BBC sucks

please please please DON'T give it to the BBC, the BBC have events that they can't change so, we will miss a race of 2 for a flower show or for some pricks rowing boats or an over run on the tennis plus anyother TV show, live news event, bike racing / motorsport is a backseat sport for the BBC. just look at their car GP coverage ( i havn't watched a car GP for like 10 years) but they paid a lot for it but sold out to sky so you could watch half the races on BBC and the other half on sky, WTF is that about. 

The WSB and Motogp coverage on eurosport is just the best and i even watch the adverts (well sort of)  so roll up the sponsors.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Best commentary

was the Julian Ryder and Keith Heuwen double act on SKY in the early nineties - both funny and informative. Toby Moody is a bit smug for my taste.   BBC do the pre-race build-up better and it's advert free. Most annoying thing about BBC is making MotoGP second best to nearly every other sport in the world.

Reply to this Topic
goatboy79

Feb 13

goatboy79 says:

I've got to agree with saturn regarding the BBC. In addition to his comments I really do not see the problem with either Parrish and his technical understanding of the sport or Cox and his entertaining colour commentary. Regarding Matt Roberts and Cal Cruthlow; hey, someone has got to show some personality and I think well done Cal for sticking his neck out and trying to show a bit of light-hearted enthusiasm for the sport, they are not curing cancer and his attitude is a refreshing change from that of the po-faced unappreciative children such as Casey Stoner or Lewis Hamilton in F1.

I cannot say I particulary relish Ryders self indulgent gibberish and irritating mannersisms but that is a matter of taste.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

No ta BBC

If the BBC isn't prepared to take the whole show, i.e. all 3 classes, give it to whoever will. I've watched bike sport on Eurosport for ages and will continue to support them because they cover the entire event, not just the Moto GP race, AND they cover all the WSB and BSB events. Eurosport deserve a bit of loyalty, because they've supported all these championships for a long time, and now they're successful, the BBC and others want to cherry pick bits of them. For me, the Beeb's coverage is half-hearted, and they're only interested in the main race that has all the big names in it. How long would it take someone who's interest was sparked by catching a Moto GP race on the BBC to find out who Danny Webb, Scott Redding or Danny West is? A long time, because they won't get mentioned on the Beeb!

Reply to this Topic
mattw1976

Feb 09

mattw1976 says:

No Motogp on BBC

NO NO NO !  I understand Dorna may want a larger viewing figures, but for god sake dont let the BBC show it ALL LIVE. There S**T at it.

Leave it to British Eurosport ! They did a brilliant job for 10+ years !

If it aint broke, dont fix it. . . . .Seing as Eurosport show the SBK live Dorna dont seem to mind that !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices