Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal

Talks that could see live coverage of the MotoGP world championship remain on the BBC beyond 2013 are underway. The Beeb’s current five-year deal expires at the end of the this year and Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta confirmed to MCN that the Spanish-based rights owners are in discussions with other interested parties as well as the BBC. He refused to name potential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 February 2013 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
likesitfast

Sep 11

likesitfast says:

BBC good but not committed

I think we need to take the schedulling into account.  I enjoy the BBC's coverage and Eurosports but how many times have we all been out on the bike on a Sunday, come home to watch the recorded race on BBC and it's been delayed or put onto the red button due to the rugby or another topic that takes preference for the BBC? They need to take this on and if a program over runs move THAT onto another channel and not mess about with the recorded schedule. Eurosports coverage is also quality but I think they would make a better job of it if only one broadcaster was to be handed the contract.

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

BBC please

Until MotoGP came onto to BBC it was a fringe sport in people's minds, now many many people know of The Doctor and others. It is so easy to forget that before the Beeb's coverage it was for subscribers only and no-one knew anything about it from one year to the next, or cared. It's FREE on the Beeb and the coverage is GOOD so that must be a signal to let's whine about it. Most of the coverage is in HD and only OCCASIONALLY it gets relegated to the red button, SO WHAT. To crown it we have Barry Sheen's old team mate as chief commentator, a genuine world class racer who has been there and done it. Oh and I really miss the adverts NOT! I have my prayer may out now hoping like mad the BBC retain the rights. The whingeing and moaning on these threads make me sick. Wake up smell the Castrol R and hope Carmelo stays with the Beeb.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yes indeed!

So its put on the Red Button??? So what?

They show Qually on Saturday and all the classes on Sunday either on the Red or on the main channel and its "free".. Deffo too much complaining on here.
I`m not paying £50 a month to SKY to watch it thats for sure. They can shove it.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

I reckon Klacto

Is Azi in disguise! You're all shit! Give it to eurosport, pisses me off when they dont show the friggin qualifying either and that gets moved. It's a   frigging farce on the BBC and Charlie Cox is an old dog living past his life expectancy, put the dingo down!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hondmog

Oct 08

hondmog says:

As long as its shown and not interrupted by bloody football ,

But for god's sake get rid of Parrish and Cox , there so wound up in themselves

they miss half the race action

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

BBC

are shit, they sold f1 to sky, but still show more repeats on the red button of f1 races, couple of times last yr i missed motogp on the sunday, o well lets watch it on the red button, guess what FAK ALL, unless it was f1 weekend and that would be on, i pay 3 quid a month for eurosport and watch it online, eurosport any day for me.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Who cares.

I don't care if it's on BBC. I pay my license fee and to be fair it's the only fuckin' thing I go out of my way to watch. I think they do a decent job really. I saw every race live last season and I loved it. It could be on the Shopping Channel for all I care. If it goes to Sky I simply have to pay more if I want to watch it. Fuck, that's the way it is I guess.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Yeah give Murdoch your

cash, scumbag Ausie. How you going to watch Eurosport without at least the minimum SKY contract anyway? F8ck watching it on a laptop...that's shite.And what happens when you want to record the practice and Moto2 & 3 when it's under the red button...how do you do that? The mix we have just now is just fine...unless Dorna demand the Beeb cover the whole show like Eurosport, practice and all races live..nothing under the red button. Aye ,right...it'll never happen.

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Brian......

your'e an angry lion aren't you. It's not gonna help when I tell you I like Steve Parrish. Bye.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Brianthelamb

Rev, stop trying to roar like a lion, you're so angry for a sheep.

On topic, if Sky want it, Sky will have it, that's how it works, it will be a big loss to fans, but casual watchers will just forget about it, it'll finance the BBC's coverage of the 'Chinese ping-pong championships', played out in a blacked out room and an illuminous ball, and of course you will be able to see all the highlights again on the 'red button'.   Remember, if you ride a motorcycle, you're already a 2nd class citizen in the BBC's eyes.                                 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices