You are in... Forums > General > General > Triumph to India

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Triumph to India

Honest Dave is currently there with a trade delegation drumming up business. You can't be sure of exactly where components for anything are made these days, I'm hoping my next bike to replace my Vulcan will be a Triumph Thunderbird Storm, I know it's basically British by name only but I want one that's maybe assembled in Britain at least wether or not I'll get one remains to be seen.

I noted on the news two nights ago Cameron came out with " there's no limits on numbers of students from India coming to britain to study in our universities" shame he can't say something similar to British students in Britain who want to go to a British university but can't get into one.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2013/February/feb1913-triumph-goes-to-india-with-david-cameron/

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 February 2013 14:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Its no longer about cheap manufacturing

India will soon be the world's third largest economy. It isn't about them thrid world types making cheap components for us first world types.

They have a much larger economy than ours and getting larger every year. They have a burgeoning middle class, and a huge appetite for branded goods.

Triumph are there to sell to India not get cheap components.

Reply to this Topic
Perki6

Aug 10

Perki6 says:

Well i could be good business for Triumph, but they only ride small CC bikes and they have to be cheap. India are getting richer but the gap between middle class down is huge, hundreds of million are still living in the 3rd world.

Same old British government for you that Vulcan,  government S**t on the British public all the time nothing new

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

The story as I heard it.........

is John Bloor will be making motorcycles in India but they will not have the Triumph badge.

But then, I believe nothing I hear.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

I don't believe

none of them will be imported to the UK.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle