Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding climbs to third in Jerez Moto2 test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding climbs to third in Jerez Moto2 test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding climbs to third in Jerez Moto2 test

Scott Redding moved into the top three on a dry second day of Moto2 testing action at the Jerez track in Spain today. The Marc VDS Racing rider was fifth quickest in wet conditions yesterday but a best lap of 1.42.849 saw him finish behind Pol Espargaro and Takaaki Nakagami this afternoon. Redding was 0.517s behind title favourite Espargaro, who topped the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 February 2013 17:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

G'wan big man. Well done

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

If scott don't deliver this year im telling me mum

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Very Proud

I would just like to go on the record & say that Im very proud of our British riders & they're talent.We have some superb riders at the moment & Scott is one of these.Stuff any body that disagrease.

I will be cheering on Scott,Cal,Brad & others rain or shine.You do us proud Scott,good luck to you.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Eddl

I'm with you bud..........................and so is my mum.

I never doubt your effort Scott but by Christ is this a make or break season dude. Here's hoping :)

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Tech3 bike

Is a dog, just puts into perspective how well Brad did on it last year. Looking good for Scott, reckon a couple of wins and championship runner up will secure him a decent GP seat next year.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Tech3 bike

Is a dog, just puts into perspective how well Brad did on it last year. Looking good for Scott, reckon a couple of wins and championship runner up will secure him a decent GP seat next year.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Pacey

Re Scott, he was at a severe disadvantage the previous seasons due to his size/weight so in fact did a sterling job bearing in mind how close the performance is with the one control engine type ( Honda ), meaning lightweight riders had a huge advantage.

This season there is a minimum weight for rider AND bike together meaning a more level playing field, they should do this in all racing classes imo. 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Go on my son

I have to join in the praise for Mr Redding as not only is he bloody quick he is not a robot like some racers. The best thing also was to make the bikes an equal weight so that the spanish pygmies dont have it all there own way.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

So...being small suddenly have more of an advantage

"the spanish pygmies dont have it all there own way."

When a nation and their riders lose so much against other riders, the comparisons are inevitable. So that nation now gets a rule to nullify the smaller, lighter and weaker riders supposedly advantage. 

Yet the rule does not take into account that taller, stronger and heavier riders can make the bike easier to handle. This advantage they have is not nullified, yet we see the smaller rider topping the charts.

How about that said nation bring talent and not blown up talent. How about they have a better program to filter out the talent rather than the who's who or who have money to go racing. Then back the real talent.

Sick and tired of hearing about what ails the Brits, yet we have 2 riders in the big body frame category that have wins in Motogp.

Quit complaining, shuddup and ride. Deal with it.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Trumpet

Re Scott, he was at a severe disadvantage the previous seasons due to his size/weight so in fact did a sterling job bearing in mind how close the performance is with the one control engine type ( Honda ), meaning lightweight riders had a huge advantage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm fully aware thanks bud, that's why i stated that i never doubt Scotts effort. Due to the changing weight advantage that some have enjoyed and others have cursed, Scott needs to make it count this season imo. He won't be here next season, it'll be (hopefully) MotoGp or WSB.

Here's hoping he can end his career in this class in the 'top 3'. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices