Skip to content

Ask an Expert 33bhp? Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > 33bhp?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

roadglue

Nov 12

roadglue says:

33bhp?

I passed my test on a 125cc about 5 months ago.

So i'm restricted to 33bhp which i understand but i'm not sure about the power to weight ratio thing.

I'm thinking its the same as it was but i know they changed it for the people with new 46bhp licences.I don't think they can restrict anything bigger than 92bhp?.

Anyway,is there a limit to what i could restrict.I'm looking at a few 600's like the er6,hornet or a z750 if possible.

Should these fall under the power/weight ratio limits.

I don't really want a small engine like a 250 because i want a bike i will keep for a few years when my restriction is up.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 February 2013 19:07)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

33bhp

As you passed your test under the "old" rules, you can restrict anything to 33bhp. The power to weight only really effects full power Cagiva Mitos and (possibly) Aprilia RSs, and some lightweight trail bikes.

Reply to this Topic
roadglue

Nov 12

roadglue says:

Thanks

Thanks

It can be confusing with the ever changing laws.

I was just thinking you maybe couldn't buy something like an R1 and restrict that but no matter anyway as i can't afford one.

A 600 or 750 will do me fine.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

If

I recall, the power to weight ratio lands up with a minimum weight of 156kg - most 600's are above this anyhow, so it isn't much of a problem.

As you're on a 33bhp licence, the ER6 or Suzuki's SV650 will probably be best for it (twin cylinder) - twins aren't "strangled" by restriction like 4-cylinder machines.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle