Skip to content

Discuss This You Ask/You Answer: Problems with Cornering General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You Ask/You Answer: Problems with Cornering

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You Ask/You Answer: Problems with Cornering

"I'm a new rider and have a problem with cornering. I seem to stiffen up when cornering and do not have the confidence to lean - I keep thinking the bike will slip over or I'll completely lose the rear. This wasn't helped by an actual slide (but luckily I didn't come off!) when it was icy. This means that...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 February 2013 10:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cjhayes

Nov 05

cjhayes says:

Problems with cornering

Good advice sniper100.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

!!

I hope you've locked your bike up Sarah.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Super Mario

Sure have, I Buried it with Me late Mother so that it don't get shagged by some sicko. Wanna go a few?

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

It sounds as if you're looking at the road, just in front of the bike. You need to lift your vision, to see as far round the corner as possible. Approach the bend at a suitable speed in the correct gear, look as far thro the corner as possible, as the corner opens out, keep your vision up and smoothly accelerate away.

As previously suggested, an advanced course will teach you a lot about correct lines.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

"Wanna go a few?"

and see you cry off in a big girly huff again just because I had a different opinion to you? Been there done that

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Confidence is all about vision. When we are uncomfortable in a bend we all tend to look down towards the front wheel. This makes the bend seem tighter as we are not looking at space that is actually there. Keep your vision one step ahead of the bike. When approaching a bend look for the brakeing point, when braking look for turning point, before turning look for apex and exit, as you exit look for next bend.

Look where you want to go and thats where you will go. The same is true for hazards, if you spot a pot hole and keep looking towards it you will find it hard not to hit it but look to the space left or right of the pot hole keep looking up the road and you will miss the pot hole. Good vision brings confidence.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

SM.....

oh yeh that's it I remember now, you are an A class "medal" winning Fuckwit who Want's to fuck dead people and reward Bike thieving scum. Nah second thoughts.... Think I'll let you "Thrash about" in the sewer. No Offence. cue inane insults and Bravado. Blah Blah Blah Blah.... LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I thought you said you wanted

to go a few rounds? Seems you've lost your cool in the first round and been knocked out already. Better luck next time xxx

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

lol

Snev!! :lol::smile

Well dont we all think that when start biking get nervous of how tackle you cornering jist more miles and confidence will hang of it or better do sum track days :smile

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Motocross?

Does motocross mean something different in the UK? Here in the US it is riding a knobby tire bike around a bumpy course fast enough that you cover almost as much distance in the air as on the ground.

Funny thing is I have heard two riders say that making the big jump for the first time is a step too far – and both are AMA national level road racing champions.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle