You are in... Forums > General > General > Sodexo

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Sodexo

A French catering company a worldwide organisation have found horse meat in some of its 'beef' products.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/22/horsemeat-sodexo-idUSL6N0BMCCI20130222

This company also provides catering services to the UK armed forces so it's now a case of ---

Horses for forces :shock:

Just leaving :lol:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 February 2013 18:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I got

scowled at by a squaddie when I was looking at the meals and asked "where in the ingredients does it say 'mixed meat products'?".

I was right.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

phil

it's a Pandora's box, every meat product that's supposed to include a percentage of beef has now to be looked at. We joke about it and it's a fraud a major fraud. If it was only a fraud then it certainly is a subject for jokes but, the food industry has lied and cheated about horse meat so it has to be asked what else have they lied and cheated about ? Certainly the provenance of some horse meat is suspect, the TV programme about the fraud earlier this week included the thefts of horses in Ireland, one thief is known to have made three trips to the UK within a week with at least 100 horses. Stolen horses entering the food chain, unlicenced meat and possibly/likely unfit for human consumption equals worrying.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

some woman

at tescos was screaming blue murder about zebra meat in her minced beef,

turns out it was only the bar code on the wrapper.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I do

agree - this isn't outright a safety issue but it certainly could be. Myself I have a suppressed immune system so if really dodgy, contaminated stuff is out there, I'm probably going to be killed by it.

What I would say is that open borders crap has allowed this to happen by eliminating the multiple checks that would happen on food going through countries. What I take some comfort in is that this was even discovered as it means that tests are being done.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle