You are in... Forums > General > General > Top Gun FlyBy

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Top Gun FlyBy

Plus 10 more  check the last one over water, that sonic boom broke a lot of windows on the surrounding boats :lol:

Cheers gunga :smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 February 2013 06:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Reminds me of

this one ..an old fave - What a great spectacle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjVxnbmtmCk

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

That's wonderful!

I wish I'd been there. Incredible. :smile

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Mach Loop

North Wales. Youtube has loads of clips from there. Wonkabar's are some of the best. 

Beelady, I think it might be F15s you see. The F14 is the Tomcat US Navy plane form Top Gun. 

Still whats one digit out between friends?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Was a few years ago,

around 1984, I think. Used to come across where I worked as a shepherd and part time tomato grower. Was a big thrill every time it happened. I thought they were American, from the markings and because I watched Top Gun so many times (not because of the actors, although Val Kilmer was quite yummy.....sorry.Got sidetracked for a moment) so that's what made me think they were F14's.

Whatever they were, I would shamelessly wave both arms and jump up and down with excitement. Wish I could relive that a few times :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

my fav fly by

was by the A10 Tankbusters when i lived out in the sticks,in the Fens, often used to think they lined my house roof up for a mock bombing run.......once got buzzed by one of the feckers when i was on my m'bike on a banked road, swear to god he was that low he waved at me clear as day.......and i am sure I could see him pissing himself laughing as I nearly shat myself..:shock:...well it's not the sort of thing you normally have to look out for on a ride out !!..

..also used to be near a stretch of river that had "Dip Headlights when Ship Approaches" signs along it, not your everyday hazard...:blink:

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Is it right the last flying Vulcan has...

now been grounded as there is no money to fix it?How about some of the BILLION and odd ££££'s the NATIONAL Lottery has yet to allocate to good causes?More chance of it going to a group of Lesbian Tortoise groomers in Outer Mongolia than being used for something that is part of our history.Shame,awesome plane.We have XM655 just up the road that does a few runs up and down the runway several times a year,not the same as seeing one in the air though.They've made a lift testing tower in Northampton a listed building,despite it being the ugliest concrete stick you've ever seen and pour money into preserving it(English Heritage I believe so tax payers money)yet stand back and let a unique piece of our history be reduced to the odd trundle out to blow the dust off a runway.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle