Skip to content

Ask an Expert Yamaha fazer 1000 exhaust/swingarm Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Yamaha fazer 1000 exhaust/swingarm

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Yamaha fazer 1000 exhaust/swingarm

2002 yamaha fazer 1000

Hi

I now have a 2002 yamaha fazer 1000 and would like to Change a couple of things 1 being the silencer from the standard cannon to something smaller and more eye catching ...but want it to be quite as possible ! Anyone with any low priced suggestions ? Also would it be possible to change the swing arm from a newer 1000cc model ? . If there are any cool mods you no of please let me no .

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 February 2013 08:43)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

FZS1000

I have a Scoprion exhaust on my 05 Fazer which is 'fruity' but not offensive. I do not think a stubby exhaust would suit the look of the bike so much. As well as changing the can get the bike Ivanised if it has not already been done - a lot have. This corrects the compromises that Yamaha had to make to get the bike through the emissions / noise tests. It make a huge difference for little cost. There are those that say the standard suspension is poor - I disagree. If you take the time and trouble to set it up properly it's absolutely fine.

As for the rest of the bike I have left mine stock as it is a great bike just as it is. I will eventually upgrade the suspension when the original starts to get a bit saggy but so far the bike still rides and handles very well.

Attached images:

1. FZS I  
  2. FZS III  
Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

cannon

Eye catching cannon:blink:it`s usually a noisy cannon:shock:,the original looks ok to me.

Also as Marcus says about the fueling.

Also any mods not declared and your ins com will love you when it comes to a claim.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices