Skip to content

General Pre Jan 33hp licence. Restriction removal yet anyone? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Pre Jan 33hp licence. Restriction removal yet anyone?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

Pre Jan 33hp licence. Restriction removal yet anyone?

Well it's been over a month now and I am wondering if any of our younger riders that took there "A" restricted licence before the 19th Jan 2013. Has anyone's restriction elapsed/ended after 19th of Jan(within the last 5 weeks). Have sent your licence to the DVLA to have the restriction removed? I know you don't have to send it it by the way, but you know how the police can get confused, and having the 25kw writing removed makes it easier :wacko:

I am asking because my son has one year left on his restriction before he can ride any size bike. And right up there among all the idiots in this country's red tape system is the DVLA.  It would be interesting to hear from any one who has sent there pre 2013 licences in for the restriction removal. Some ones got to be the first to do it, and it's my betting that the idiots at the DVLA will get all confused with the old 33hp restriction licences and the new overly complex licence system.
It would be nice to know that they will get this right, but I won't hold my breath. No doubt the DVLA  will get all confused with its self.......like they do. I am wondering what problems will they/have they caused the bikers who sent there licences in for a simple removal.
Any one guys? Or maybe it's a little to early and I should ask again in a couple more months. Thanks guys.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 February 2013 23:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Driver67

Jul 11

Driver67 says:

I wonder

An interesting point and one I have been wondering about myself. I passed my test on my 125 in October 2012, so I've got a bit of a wait before I can send mine off. I am hoping it will be plain sailing by then :hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i past my bike test in 07. so i have still got my 25kw on the back of my photo card 4years after it ran out. i am just going to send it off when my photo needs replacing and see what happens

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

DVLA fuckup

My friend sent in his license on the day the new laws came in to effect as he was changing address.

When he got his license back, he was suddenly able to ride any size bike (Valid Categories showed all bike cats), despite the fact he's never even sat on one before.

Hooray for the DVLA!

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

DVLA Fcuk witts!

Last February when my lad passed his A test ( restricted) ,I heard about the new overly complex licence rules coming in 2013. I read on many forums that every thing stays the same if any tests were taken before the 19th Jan 2013 cut of date. So just to check I rang the DVLA, and asked them if my sons 2 years restriction will stay the same until it runs out in 2014.  Not that I was remotely surprised by the answer I was given. But the DVLA Fcuk Witt on the phone told me that he thinks my son will have to take another test....WTF!! So the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Every we're I researched as well as all the local motorcycle schools all said that the restrictions will be lifted automaticaly if the test was take before 2013. So this is why I started this thread, so we can actually see how the DVLA idiots have handled the changes. Because fa crying out loud if that twat I was talking to from the DVLA is an example of who's running that incompetent outfit, then we're in for interesting times.
I am quite supervised though that no one has sent there licences in as yet on this forum. Come on guys anyone know anyone who has?

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Sent mine off

last year for photo renewal, amazingly, it actually came back right :biggrin:

I've heard some right horror stories though including a wagon driver who sent his licence in for a "routine" change of address and suddenly lost his HGV entitlement - not funny when it's paying your bills.

There was a story a couple of years ago of Police seizing "big" bikes from riders whose 33bhp time had expired because "the licence only stated they were restricted, with no mention of the 2 year timescale" (this is actually incorrect, the 2 year time is explained quite clearly on the back of the paper counterpart, section 2, headed "Motorcyclists - special conditions" for anyone with an IQ higher than their finger count).

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

Bump

Anyone? Got to be some one who has done this surly.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
adaytona

Sep 07

adaytona says:

Restricted licence

After 2 years of taking a restricted test the "25kw" remains on the licence for ever and a day, it doesn't get taken off.  The belief is that police, authorities etc will know that 2 years from the date you pass the restricted test you have full entitlement to ride any cc bike.

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

WRONG WRONG WRONG ADAYTONA

The 25kw restriction DOES get removed from the licence if requested. 

Stop spreading mis information fella, not helpful.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle