Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Phillip Island: Laverty takes race 2 win as Aprilia dominant Down Under World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Phillip Island: Laverty takes race 2 win as Aprilia dominant Down Under

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

WSB Phillip Island: Laverty takes race 2 win as Aprilia dominant Down Under

Aprilia finished off a weekend of dominance Down Under with Eugene Laverty taking the race two win at Phillip Island from teammate Sylvain Guintoli. Laverty led at the end of the first lap, as he did in race 1, but with four laps gone Guintoli took the lead. He led until the closing stages, when Laverty, despite briefly falling back to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 February 2013 05:25)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

beIN Sports

All I know is this, beIN Sports had the best coverage that I have seen since I started following WSBK! Big shouts out to those folks for bringing this to the U.S.  Crystal clear HD! No commercials! tough when you need to pee lol! GREAT JOB! great racing..congrats to this weekends winners.. oh that Panagale has got to be one the sexiest race bikes I have ever seen.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

The Brits

It appears again the Brits could end up the "Nearly Men' again. Sykes and Haslam have come close in recent years, but not quite there.

Other nearly men are Rea and Camier.

Wheras with Toseland, he had that little bit extra to be truly world class and could beat all the big names of Biaggi, Bayliss and Haga.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

Channel 4 highlights - Saturday

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/superbike-world-championship

ok, it's only 30 minutes, but better than nothing (as far as terrestrial coverage is concerned).

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

Rob tz

Wow you must be one clever dude to see into the future from one meeting Leon destroyed his tyre Tom has a broken wrist and the aprilias work well at philip island nearly men you wish what you are is an over the top donut  

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Moany

If you read the posting 'carefully' I was referring to previous seasons and not just one race.

Moreover, I have been following motorcycle racing since I was a child (now age 40), have been to many races accross the world, and as many of us long term experienced writers on this forum will tell you 'I am extremely knowledgeable' on the subject of motorcycle racing, analysis and riders.

Therefore I am expecting an apology for the 'top donut' reference.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

robtz

tell me if toseland had that little bit extra and was world class, why did he do fak all in motogp, coz like me you know he was a lucky wsb champion, and a good rider, not world class, biaggi and bayliss have won motogp races, and have always been a class above your hero, well done eugene you looked awesome in that 2nd race.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Leecho

At least you talk some sense.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Leecho

I have got to disagree with you there Leecho, you cannot win a season long championship by luck and certainly not twice. Admittedly James didnt make the successful switch to MotoGP but he did win two WSB titles on two different makes of bike,something neither Fogarty,Bayliss or Edwards managed and when he won his title on the Ten Kate Fireblade he took on and beat Bayliss,Haga,Biaggi, all of whom were at the top of their game.

Why not just give a bit of credit where its due and stop slagging off a rider that did things on a bike we can only dream about(yourself included).

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Toseland

He may not of made it in MOTO GP, but along with Mackenzie, Fogarty and now Crutchlow, they are the names of Motorcycling in the UK over the last 30 years.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

DOWNLOAD THE RACES

For those of us without coverage, check this guys Youtube channel. He posts every MotoGP and WSBK and WSS race on his channel, and off his channel at a private link whenever his posts get taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/user/the666sicco

If you want to see the races live albeit in low-res check out:

livetv.ru

or

usgoals.com

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool