Skip to content

General No World Supers at Silverstone ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > No World Supers at Silverstone ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

No World Supers at Silverstone ?

Listening today to the brilliant commentry from Whit n Jack they said that the World Superbike round was cancelled at Silverstone and moving to Turkey .I`ve been on the official Silverstone site and you can still buy tickets so people take caution ! What I`m REALLY wishing for is Jonath Palmer owner of Brands Hatch to step in and bring WSB back home and give me my Christmasday back in a hot August  weekend and I`m sure many wish the same !

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 February 2013 18:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

wouldn't be surprised....

attendanes at last years round were only about 40,000 ish i think, don't think Silverstone would be bothered to lose it tbh.......as you say, put it on at Brands and you could pretty much guarantee 100,000+, providing they don't get greedy on ticket prices............sounds like a cop out to me.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

It's lookin that way....

Thats what they were saying throughout the coverage over the weekend.

Also, going by this article, MotoGP is to run from the old pit complex instead of the 'wing'! Apparently due to lack of funds.......

This is NOT good.....:upset:

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

stevebaldy

Spot on there with that link , I looked everywhere for news on this topic.  Surely Brands could afford to run this round with profit. eg a bit of maths 100k paying on average  £60 entrance n other bits £6 million and at least 20,000 camping at £25 ( I`d pay more if they get the Poboys back ) £500 k. Silverstone were charging £45 !! greedy gits ! Also wont Brands get a chop out of TV rights and all the burger vans and shops pay a pitch fee of around £2k that`l pay for staff wadges and overheads .MCN grab Jonathon Palmer and question him NOW !

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

doesn't make sense does it.....

running out of the old pit complex kinda says "welcome to the 2nd division"..:huh:...how can it cost more to run out of a different pit complex ffs !?!..it can hardly be pre-booked for another race! :blink::blink:

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Maybe

Silverstone don't own the 'wing' complex? A bank or investor does and they haven't been payed?...

Could explain WSBK pulling out, maybe they don't wanna run out of the 2nd division pit?...

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

WSB

I'd personally love to see WSB back at brands hatch. Didn't they stop it because WSB wanted too much money from MSV ?....

I've never been a fan of Silverstone... The track is too far away from the stands ( due to safety I guess )... Apart from the Maggotts section. I've been to see Moto-GP there... And even with that, there's hardly any atmosphere... Unlike Brands... And Donington come to think about it !!

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Only found out the date...

of WSB at silverstone last week and thought "that's me off on Friday 2nd August to the practice day".Then feck me they're cancelling it!!! Attendances have been low but hasn't the weather been absolute shite for the last two years?

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

WSBK

british round is @ donington park

may 24th 25th & 26th

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Brands Hatch MUST Return !

This is Superbike island like Spain has loads of Gps in their back yard We the UK deserve it .Yeah circuit of Wales will probably get a newstate of art complex Its logical that Brands gets World Supers back where WE the paying ( and I would gladly pay good money too ) bike racing fans have ALWAYS wanted Superbikes racing i the UK .MSV Jonathan Palmer C`mon do yer magic .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle