You are in... Forums > General > General > DVLA cock ups. List them

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

DVLA cock ups. List them

This thread is self explanatory , so here's my story.

I bought a used motorcycle, when the log book comes back it has the model listed as a "sit car ". Now to any one who does not know that's a bloody great bus!  Yes a two wheeled 750cc bus :(
Because of a mistake they made the model stated on the log book is "sit car". Even though for 5 years of its life the DVLA had it on its own system as a motorcycle.
Simple to put right you would believe? Not a chance :(. I had to get the representative of the motor cycle company to write a letter to the Italian manufacturer to say that the vin number did belong to a motorcycle that they made at there factory. As well as sending this letter, a photo copy of the original registration document that I had with the paperwork that came with the bike.  9 weeks later the idiots send me the correct log book. Yes exactly like the one that was sent to them by the last owner, but now with my name and address on it.
Anyone with an ounce of sense would think that the DVLA would have all the MOTs, copy of the past log book and that the serial number of the bike is.....a bloody bike. So why have me jump through hoops to prove that the bike I have bought is a ....bike! When it's was something they did?
Add your incompetent DVLA story's here. Let's have a laugh :)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 February 2013 13:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikerdeals

May 10

bikerdeals says:

dvla

Name names as well lets see if the same pratts name keeps coming up:lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Don't even go there

a few years back did a change of address and my bike entitlement was dated the same time, passed in 83, on my licence it had 2000:shock:

Luckily I still had the bike category unlike Beelady who if memory serves me right had to re-take the test again.

Log books not arriving and having to pay for one.... the list is endless

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

DVLA

They create the problems for us the public.

Have had problem with them over us getting a new (to us) car.

The experience has taught me that if you want things to go right is to ring them up, ensure the call is being recorded and then tell them what you think of the system but be calm.,

Calling it a systemic cluster job seems to have got them moving in our case all sorted within a day. 

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Documents

Seems clear that it's a good idea to photocopy/ photograph EVERYTHING before sending it to them.  

Then again, they've never given me a single problem, as mentioned before - take the precaution of not being English, and everything should be fine :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Aaaargh!!!!!

Don't get me started again :mad:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

dvla

passed mod in 09, examiner sent my licence off, all ok, every category on my licence (apart from Psv) thansk to HM Forces..lol:smile Used to have to test final drives and gearing/hydraulics on Warriors/CVRTS and..mighty Challenger 2's..quite a cool job I had!  does help also that dvla is only 30 mins away for my folks..i just take docs down with me at easter/summer and go there in person..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices