Skip to content

Discuss This CCM’s new adventure bike New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > CCM’s new adventure bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

CCM’s new adventure bike

This is CCM’s all-new, road legal, middleweight adventure bike – the GP 450 – set to go into production in May this year! Although by the 450cc single cylinder Dakar-style racers it’s a fully road legal machine intended as an entry level adventure bike before riders move up to the likes of BMW’s R1200GS. Bolton-based CCM believes there’s a gap in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 February 2013 14:39)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

hmmm

shame about the price, i think there is definately a demand for mid sized trail/enduro bikes with decent service intervals especially since suzuki stopped the drz , why dont honda do a dakar 450 or yamaha do a better one than the xtz tenere which is not that great, i would definately buy a decent mid sized jap if it was reasonably capable off road.

Reply to this Topic
R30Paul

Jul 08

R30Paul says:

Good Luck to CCM

I have enjoyed my R30 since i've owned it from new in 2003...
I belive from other sources on the internet that the engine is manufactured by Kymco, and also supplied to BMW...

Reply to this Topic
jhandley

Aug 10

jhandley says:

I agree with all.  I was getting quite excited reading this (not in a sexual way you understand!), but the bottom line of the article is the "bottom line" -  just too much dosh and too much more out there for that money, even if I had £8k to spend.  I like "quirky" bikes, and makes of bike for some unexplained reason - maybe its about being different, but I agree that if the Hondas and Yamahas of this world made a similar 450, it would be just as exciting a prospect and for a couple of grand less.  Good try CCM - don't give up, but find some way of bringing that price down.

Reply to this Topic
chevaliernoir

Jan 06

No doubt : it's the successless G450X BMW engine (designed in Germany and produced by Kymco in Taiwan): http://u20.direct.atpic.com/52620/0/2642757/0.jpg BMW has probably a stock of such engine, and it seems they completely go out of off road as they are selling Husqvarna... (PD : I loved KTM ... until I rode Sherco)

Reply to this Topic
chrisforeman

Mar 05

chrisforeman says:

Great British Triumph- well actually a CCM

If this is as much fun as my old R30 then I want one. I Had nothing but great service from the Clews team. Ordered service parts direct from them and when I needed advice, spoke to knowledgable people in Bolton.

Reply to this Topic
CagivaELEfan

Feb 09

CagivaELEfan says:

Cagiva Elefant.

Good idea CCM but i want Cagiva to make an Elefant V twin of same capacity.And bigger perhaps a 750, 900 and 1,200cc. Weights and power for each bike: 450cc = 130kg = 70bhp 750cc = 155kg = 100bhp 900cc = 175kg = 140bhp 1,200cc = 205kg = 180bhp Hopefully Cagiva read this post, but doubt it. Nathan.

Reply to this Topic
minkyhead

Jan 05

minkyhead says:

whats important

i think  the naysayers    are a little too quick  to jump on the price  issue     ...

also  probably  not  regular duel sport riders      as in  tough  trails        sorry if im wrong here     ..

the bike has a alloy  cast and machined frame    super light  and glued joints as per the ccm racing bikes   

and a lot of high class parts        

take a ktm exc       7300  new       ...add  a  rally tank   750 quid   rally fairing  [unpainted   ] 1250 quid  

a headlamp that  works    200  quid     rear  rack    and  alloy belly pan          500  quid     and  go  figure    ??

suspension on the ccm  by  traktive  that   sold white power to  ktm      talon  pegs  and  rims  

a sub 130kgm  staring weight       and  really  go and find what you can compare it with        outside a enduro  bike       ....      answer       nothing  at  all   

ive  run  xr400  klr  650s  660zs    drzs      and  believe me to take a stock new  bike and  work it to this   standard of  suspension and equipment      the maths    soon  say     the price is   in the zone   

looks  fantastic  for a hard  riding  off road  bike  that can   be ridden to  its  destination and  back     

i think it sounds  great 

Reply to this Topic
minkyhead

Jan 05

minkyhead says:

options

tiger  800

gs800  good road  bikes  and  will do  some   tracks   if  your careful     

tenere  /husky  terra       two grand cheaper    soft supension   60kgm  off the weight       ?? 

nearest   compitition      exc  450s      ktm 690       i  would think      ..   but  thats got quite big  bones    but  is a a proper duel sport   bike      i have a sneaky  feeling  ccm will  sell  enough of these to  enough people    to make this a succsess for them         

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices