Skip to content

YAMAHA New Yamaha R1 spied testing R1

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > R1 > New Yamaha R1 spied testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New Yamaha R1 spied testing

Early prototypes for Yamaha’s next-generation R1 superbike have been spied being put through their paces by the firm’s test riders. Two of the machines were caught by our colleagues at Australian Motor Cycle News as they were pitted against the bike that’s become the standard-bearer for the 1000cc class, BMW’s S1000RR. Don’t be fooled by the temporary bodywork, which is far from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 February 2013 17:09)

Post a message in R1

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Disgusting image watermark.

I know you want to make sure you get the credit for these spy shots, but have you heard of watermark? Why plaster your name brand on nearly opaque large letters right over the bike you are trying to report on?

You are defeating the purpose of a spy shot.  Right now, all we can see are you damn URL, in large letters covering the bike in question.

Terrible, terrible way to run a business.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

2014 wsbk

Is this Rossi's ride for 2015. Could be.

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

it will still be overpriced and not used to its full by most buyers.

save a fortune and look at some of the 1000cc bargains on ebay if you feel the need.

but new bikes. nah.

600cc bikes are now more expensive than what i paid for a k7 gsxr 1000 new and you'll never be a rossi or stoner to get the best out of the bike.

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Good to make the image is so small it could be a Fazer, Hornet or..... Seems then the R1 is now a Suzuki GSZXR10 00RR. So much for Japanese innovation then.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Crafty

I have to say it's very crafty of Yamaha to stick that massive www.motorcyclenews.com right over the bike just so you can't see the bloody thing at all.

Because if MCN had done it that would have been super stupid, right?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Looks like a 125! Either that or the rider is very tall

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

it looks a bit like an old exup 1000, it's nice to see Yamaha have learned to play the "new bike in development" card, it keeps peoples interest and lets you know that they test new bikes, just like BMW and Ducati do and their new bikes don't just appear in the showrooms as finished but untested products !.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Nice one ColonelClaw

I was about to say something similar. Wouldn't want anyone to take the credit away from MCN right?

Reply to this Topic
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

Triple?

I thought Yamaha were going down the 3 cylinder route for their next superbike? are there any signs of this on the image? you know behind the huge WWW.MOTORCYCLENEWS.COM

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Typhon

I think I read 2014 will be the year of the 1100 triple. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices