Skip to content

Discuss This Electrical problem frustrates Valentino Rossi in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Electrical problem frustrates Valentino Rossi in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Electrical problem frustrates Valentino Rossi in Sepang

Valentino Rossi experienced a frustrating start to the second MotoGP test in Sepang today when a technical issue and heavy afternoon rain restricted him to just 25-laps. The Italian was prevented from completing any meaningful testing on the new 2013 factory Yamaha YZR-M1 when a small electrical fault forced him to set his best time of 2.02.028 on last year’s model. And...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 February 2013 11:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CaseyIsGONE

Feb 13

CaseyIsGONE says:

i dunno why people are talking about talent problems and that when theyre commenting on an article thats saying there was electrical problems and hes on last years bike, people are so thick its unreal. and even if it was 0.4 seconds on the new bike wouldnt mean anything, rossi has never been about outright speed in tests/qualifying, its race day when he shows everyone why hes 9 time world champion. so if hes this close now on an old bike, you lot have something to worry about for this year you thick cunts. so for him to be 0.4 seconds off on an old bike is amazing! he would have probably been fastest on the 2013 model!

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

WOW

must have missed that didnt know rossi was back on the yam.......cool

Reply to this Topic
CaseyIsGONE

Feb 13

CaseyIsGONE says:

some peoples sense of humour astounds me, must of been born back in the 1920's. and no im not eastern european i know a joke when i see it but damn, some people need to fast forward to the 21st century

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

This is what Cal said about his own bike - it's the same as last year's, not a 2012 factory bike. They have fitted an engine that is the same spec as the one Lorenzo used in Valencia

After finishing in an impressive seventh place in 2012, Cal has told the BBC that he feels such a position will be difficult to replicate this year, not only because the other teams are offering up such strong competition, but also because the Tech 3 machine hasn’t been upgraded as he would have liked;

‘We haven’t got anything new; the bike at Sepang was exactly the same that we raced in Valencia last year.’

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

believe what you want

Yamaha put together a great package for 2012 and next year it will be even stronger. Hopefully I can reward their loyalty by challenging for the podium throughout 2013, which I know we are capable of."

It is not the same bike as in Valencia last year...

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

it wouldnt matter what upgrades cal got he wont be repeating last year's great effort

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Bulto

I remember reading that Crutchlow is using 2012 spec factory engine...specifically the same spec as jorge's valencia engine. Whether or not its the actual engine or not i dont know. I assumed it was the same spec not the actual engine....jorge may have wanted to use his actual valencia engine at sepang 1 for comparison to the new one, or perhaps rossi did...cal is further down the pecking order. It is my understanding that the chassis's are the same at the start of the season but it is the engines that are different. Therefore adding an engine to a satellite bike turns it into a factory bike...and a few other tidbits of course... ( remember how bitter cal was when dovi purchased factory brakes and cal couldnt afford them?). You are right though...it is a factory engine from 2012...no mention was made of the chassis...it was an assumption on my part that either a new chassis was included or that his old chassis is exactly the same as the factory boys minus a few external goodies.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

And crutchlow is a bit of a "glass is half empty" kind of guy anyway....always feeling like he is getting gyped( see below about brakes). I remember another rider always feeling like his bike was handicapped too...then honda had him black balled! I mean black balled- who has that kind of power besides honda? Anyways cal is already being creative if he says his bike is the same as last year...he has a factory engine, and the chassis are identical. Its the suspension and brakes that might be different. Shut up and ride crutchlow before you get a reputation as a whiner...nobody likes a whiner

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

VFR

I could name several who not only like a whiner but positvely revel in it. LOL

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn..

..are you fishing?...