Skip to content

Discuss This Electrical problem frustrates Valentino Rossi in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Electrical problem frustrates Valentino Rossi in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Electrical problem frustrates Valentino Rossi in Sepang

Valentino Rossi experienced a frustrating start to the second MotoGP test in Sepang today when a technical issue and heavy afternoon rain restricted him to just 25-laps. The Italian was prevented from completing any meaningful testing on the new 2013 factory Yamaha YZR-M1 when a small electrical fault forced him to set his best time of 2.02.028 on last year’s model. And...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 February 2013 11:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHR

Evenin' mate. .....   Just sayin' !

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VFR

Seems you've contracdicted yourself in consecutive comments about the chassis?

Last year the factory team had the use of a new chassis to finish the season with. Along with revised engines and new electronic packages.

Tech3 don't get the up to date electronics and they didn't get a new chassis last year

Cal himself has said he's starting this season, or at least these tests, with the same bike (ie: chassis, forks, suspension etc) that he finished last season with. The only new component they have is the Valencia spec engine. Obviously I have no idea if this is true but it is what he says and I'd bet that if it was wrong, someone from Yamaha or Tech3 would be telling him to shut it.

Lorenzo and Rossi are using another new chassis in current tests, so that puts Tech3 at least two chassis specs behind the factory team

Buel - It is not the same bike as in Valencia last year...

might I suggest you get onto twitter or twatter or whatever and argue with Cal directly.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Bulto

Lol allow me to clarify...during testinging the factory is trying all sorts of components( obviously err...) including frames. Im not saying they have the same frames now, but if rossi is testing last years bike then cal is on similar equipment. At the start of the season though, they are on the same frames( tech trois suffered the same chatter at the start of 06 as the factory). As the season progresses the factory gets the tweaks and the satellite...not. Im sure ALL yamahas started 2012 with the same frames as it was a new/old era with the 1000's. Judging by the performance of tech trois last year, i strongly doubt they were forced to use the 800cc frames. I dont disagree that the suspension, engine, brakes and electronics are different. I call the chassis the frame....with suspenders etc its called a "rolling chassis". So crutchlow has the same engine, and 2012 electronics to go with it, the same FRAME, and the same brakes. He probably has slightly lower spec suspension, and he sure as hell wont have the seamless transmission when it finally arrives! Cheers

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

And the same wheels and tires....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

also

Cal said that he was going to ducati last year as well...me thinks hes prone to skew the truth a bit

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I agree about 2012 and both factory and Tech3 strarting with the same frames. The factory hbikes had new frames towards the end of the season that Tech3 diodn't. If Tech3 are starting this year with the same bike they finished on, it isn't the same as Lorenzo's 2012 factory bike, it's still the Tech3 spec 2012 bike - different.

Rossi is on the factory 2012 bike, Tech3 are still on their own Tech3 spec - different

According to Cal, I can't add any more than that.

Yes, he may skew things a little, deliberately or otherwise I'm not sure, but I wouldn't say the Ducati issue was down to him.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

bulto

One day you might realise the riders do not always tell the complete truth.
I mean you were adamant Rossi was talking crap a few times last year but you carry on being your biased self.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Bulto

Ill buy that.... I do think though that when the season starts, tech 3 will get last years factory chassis and the factory boys will have a brand newwy. Crutchlow is ever impatient and with the ducati deal last year has shown he is not to be trusted with sensitive info....maybe herve tells him stuff on a need to know basis so he cant run his mouth to the press. But thats how ive seen it done in the past...the satellite teams get last years factory bike. The exception of course is ducati who treat their factory boys to this years satellite bike while saying everyone has factory bikes. The truth is really that everyone at ducati is riding a satellite bike this year. Rossi got tired of that crap....

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

rides?

Not exactly on point but would love to know (not that we ever can) whether Rossi would've flourished in MotoGP in quite the same way if his first ride had been on an uncompetitive bike?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VFR

Yes, I'd agree with that, they may well get the the 2012 factory at some point but at the moment Crutchlow is pretty close to the factory bikes, they may not want him any closer just yet... They may have to wait for upgrades. Agree with your thoughts on how Poncheral may handle things too - Crutchlow can be a bit of a loose verbal cannon it seems.

Like the last bit about Ducati giving them all factory bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices