Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN February 27: Honda CBR500 - Best New Bike of 2013? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN February 27: Honda CBR500 - Best New Bike of 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN February 27: Honda CBR500 - Best New Bike of 2013?

In this week's MCN, out February 20th, we have a world-exclusive first test of the new Honda CBR500R and CB500F We remember Barry Sheene 10 years on, this week looking at Barry Sheene: the mate, with Steve Parrish. Also this week: World first test of Ducati's new Hypermotard, KTM readies 'the Beast,' and we have a used ZX-10 test special. In sport: All...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 February 2013 14:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
harley1994

Feb 10

harley1994 says:

parrish, bazzas best mate??? never heard him mention that before.......

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Criteria?

Depends which criteria is used to determine "best" bike.

No prices are announced yet so it can't be "best value for money" which is the only way it could ever be thought of as "best" at launch.

Maybe after a while it might have the "best" sales figures, but with any luck it will be outsold by the standard model.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

Baz

Mr Sheene brill

A cracking read , Used to follow the transatlantic races as much as poss

one year about 15 of us followe the trans to all the tracks around the uk starting at brands

Baz had to push his bike across the start finish line to get a point the sat on the wall cheering the rest of the lads on

Meet baz on the pit walk once a down to earth bloke Happy days

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Stavros

"My Mate" by Steve Parrish? B******s! Ever since Barry's death, Stavros has been full of himself with 'nothing but' Veiled criticism's of Sheene. Well I hope you read this Parrish, because no matter how much you try to pull him down, he will always be greater than you. I lived those years, I was at those meets, You where not 'His' best mate, just a team mate! In nearly every (Parrish) interview since Barry's death, there is a veiled criticism, and downgrading of Barry's abilities as a rider, using Roberts like a chess piece! It's only Parrish's 'Banging On' of "My Best Mate" that gives the impression of what Parish would like you to believe., that's how someone who rarely finished above fourth place is always in the limelight. Oh, and as for: I'd like to (Over the Tannoy!) thank farmer Jones for letting me land in his field. Or: (stealing Guy Martins moment) Just been around the (TT) course in my plane...World Champions ride on the edge, a place were Steve Parrish rarely visited! Sorry to all the members on this site for my strong views on this subject.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Have to admit - I wish Parrish would disappear into the ether - the guy has made a career in commentary out of being 'Sheene's best mate'. He was never really a top notch rider in his own right. I'd forgive him this if he was knowledgeable and passionate about the sport and the bikes competing in it - but the guy really doesn't seem to know what he is talking about in the modern era of racing. I have a season review of WorldSBK from a few years back where part of it Parrish does a technical comparison between the road going Honda SP1/2 (can't recall which) and the race bike - he hardly gets a fact right. My memory may be failing me here - but I seem to remember him claiming that they switched the standard single sided swinging arm to a more conventional one for the race bike.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Sheene & Nixon

Just watched the (Barry Sheene) DVD that's on offer to MCN readers. Great to hear Bazza (from his home in Oz) say: "My best friend throughout my motorcycle career was Gary Nixon, we still call each other every week." No more dining out on the "My Best Mate" for Steve Parrish! Suppose Barry was everyones Best Mate! RIP me old mucker!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices