Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue

After Casey Stoner, Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi complained incessantly about Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue, it was only a matter of time before new recruit Andrea Dovizioso got a clear understanding of the Desmosedici’s Achilles heel. Understeer was the single biggest issue that restricted Rossi to just three podiums in 35 races and a cure has eluded Ducati from the Stoner...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 February 2013 15:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Exactly DogBert

but you must realise bulto has a different agenda from everyone else for wanting the Ducati to do well.
He is almost desperate for Dovi or any rider to prove the current bike can be transformed to go faster than it did last year for one reason only.
Of course he always denies this but most of us know differently.
Keep digging Bulto you pillock.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

I bet dovi is wishing he stayed on the Yamaha

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

For the last 5 years Ducati's main riders have been complaining of understeer as a major problem  yet on the one hand you condemn only Rossi who tried miriad new parts as a failure and on the other hand you defend Dovi for confirming what has been said by Stoner, Hayden and Rossi all the time and say the bike has to be assessed by the new riders - how much fkn assessment do they need how many riders feedback before they realise the bike is flawed.  You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

HUH

Not wishing to sound too dumb but Stoner the only guy to get  any real results on the Duc jacked it coz it was crap.

Rossi who aint no mug despite what some mugs like to think!, you know who you are, has said there are fundamental issues due the engine configuration layout/position and weight distribution.

So if i were Audi i think i might start at what was pointed out by the fastest guy in the world Stoner and probably the greatest rider, engineer combo Rossi and Burgess and scrap the crap lump.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

FFS Moany..that's not the attitude?

Let's wait and see what the three new riders have to say.

Fk Rossi & Stoner..& fk Hayden who's had 4 years on just about every iteration of the bike and who last year Bulto credited with showing Val the way with his set-up.

Dovi had three years on a Repsol RCV and won one spawny wet weather race. Spies was a disgrace last year on the championship winning bike. Iannone is a rookie..plenty of good reason for Ducati to disregard three MotoGP champs and wait until these three get some kilometers under their belts.

Dovi said he had a good feeling with the bike after the Valencia test. A bunch of dry laps later after Sepang 1, he said he wanted a new bike from the ground up. Now he reckons the bike is improving and he's happy again..and all while trundling around at CRT pace because he's too scared to push hard enough because he knows it's gonna hurt?

Let's see how positive the new boys are once they start throwing the fkin thing at the scenery and spend some time with Dr. Costa..

:lol::lol::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

You can construe what I say any way you want (usually with inevitable predictability) I really don't give a toss

Dogbert says this and you agree with him

How many times did we here that over the last two years, but as soon as the track changed, or the pace was upped, the same old problems reared their ugly heads.

I say this and you disagree

They seem to think a move in the right direction, albeit a small one, but better than no improvement. Nothing we haven't heard before obviously but with today's conditions, any times are meaningless, so nothing can be drawn from them. Another 2 days to go yet, weather permitting. Who knows what else they have to try.

What's the difference?

You're obsessed with Rossi. The only mention I made of Rossi was replying to Mario who said they should have brought out the 2013 bike - They haven't got one. There is no question that there is something within the bike's design that makes it want to run on. Stoner could find a way around it, no-one else has been able to. Ducati haven't been able to come up with a design solution. Rossi was the last rider and nothing he or Burgess did or suggested could cure it either. As he was the last rider (that Ducati took a steer from) my point was what direction do they take from his last ideas to build a 2013 bike that will eradicate the understeer. Answers on a postcard.

If you can't understand that, then you're the one that has issues

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

I have condemned Rossi for nothing. What I've always said of his time at Ducati is that it dispelled the horseshit that he was solely responsible for developing winning bikes. There can be no argument over that now.

I didn't condemn him for failing on the Ducati, just offered it as proof of the above and to dispell the other notion that he was able to ride around any mechanical, tyre or design problem due to his adaptability. I haven't defended Dovi over anything - what's to defend? Dovi spent 4 years on a Honda and was constantly out performed by his team mates. That was always my opinion of Dovi. Top drawer, but towards the back, not the front.

I really don't know what people expect Ducati to do. They're stuck, obviously don't know how to cure the bikes understeer problem and haven't had a rider that can offer them any insight as to what it might be. Therefore what option fdo they have other than to start again with the current bike with 3 new riders?

What exactly would you do?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

With that scornful last comment you haven't said anything different from me.

But tell us, without any idea of what is causing their understeer problem, what should Ducati have done to their bike for 2013. Don't glibly say redesign it because that's obviously their problem. They're stuck with what they have.

Either they land another rider who can set it up in a way that gets it around corners or they land a rider that can give them the direction they need with a specific idea of what may be causing it. Such a rider may or may not exist.

Until then - what would yo have done and what choice do they have but to pin their hopes on 3 new riders for some positive ideas.

And don't make out that the Rossi using Hayden's settings was a notion of mine - Ducati forced him to do it after his public tantrum. You know it just as well as you know his placings immediately improved as a result of it. That's in the black and white of race results and interview transcripts and has fck all to do with this topic either.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Smoke & mirrors..

Rossi & Burgess suggested plenty..Ducati fkin ignored them.

Audi sacked Peziosi because of his intransigence and ego..Gobmeier will go the same way when his riders stop trying and decide to just take the money in the name of self preservation.

Ciabatti squeaking..We never lied to the riders and told them the'd have a new bike..says it all

Their corporate bullshit is just another attempt to deflect blame away from the design department. Nobody wants to hold their hand up and admit they got it wrong and until they do, Ducati will be a standing joke..probably without Malboro money next year if things continue downwards.

I wonder how Audi will like them apples?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rossi & Burgess suggested plenty..Ducati fkin ignored them.

There's not a shred of substance to that is there. Was the alloy frame Preziosi's idea?

Name one of their suggestions that went ignored.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices