Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue

After Casey Stoner, Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi complained incessantly about Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue, it was only a matter of time before new recruit Andrea Dovizioso got a clear understanding of the Desmosedici’s Achilles heel. Understeer was the single biggest issue that restricted Rossi to just three podiums in 35 races and a cure has eluded Ducati from the Stoner...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 February 2013 15:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Look Pal..

..like you, I'm not privvy to what goes on in the Ducati garage or back at Borgo Panigale but, unlike you, I can read between the lines and know that Rossi & Burgess are a class act who have proved themselves time & time again.

The whole problem it seems to me, is based around that engine which was designed years ago to be a load bearing centre piece for the monocoque iterations of the D16. 

It appears they cannot get the Centre of Gravity in the right place and that affects everything.

This was the idea behind a beam frame, to give them more scope to move the engine around. Burgess talked about the need for new crankcases because they'd run out of adjustment and the relationship of the output shaft compared to the swinging arm pivot was starting to affect other vital geometric givens which could not be ignored..swingarm length, wheelbase, transfer of weight..just to start.

Furasawa gave Preziosi a lesson about the magic triangle of GOG vs axle position. It got him sacked.

Ducati have said their engine is not the problem and will keep it BUT It is the only thing they haven't changed..yet they still have the same problems that Stoner found detrimental, causing him to write off meaningful title aspiration..

Despite the wins he still crashed far to often. Nobody else got near having the success he did and it was a one horse town. This is a fact and, Ducati keep saying they want to alter this perception, but haven't got the balls to make wholesale change and scupper a sinking ship.

WHY?..This is the question you SHOULD be asking.

Now..we know your reasons behind arguing Ducati's case, but you're starting to look like a fkin idiot. 

This is not something that has happened overnight, or since Rossi got there..and having him there with Burgess was Ducati's best chance at putting things right, but they blobbed it. They wouldn't/couldn't commit to implementing a ground up re-design and have been caught dithering with pants around their ankles.

They will get a damn good thrashing this year as pennance, a bit like you Bulto if you carry on with this futile anti-Rossi bullshit.

The game is up my friend and you are going down unless you sort yourself out.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Time to go back to the Monocoque

Stoner and now Checa have proven this was the right path, Rossi's aluminium Turd was just a desperate attempt to appease the fools overinflated ego it is about time Gobmeier got Pipo back at Corse and things moving forward again. Interesting fact did you know that Aluminium has been linked to alseimers, probably explains the penchant of the Rossi fans around here to conveniently forget his cringeworthy behaviour and ratshit performance over the last couple of years.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Chupa repsol poya..

Interesting fact #2..

Did you know that Rossi was faster on the CF monocock than Stoner?

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/2011/09/stoner-better-than-rossi-on-a-ducati/

Keep the Spanish lessons up Pal.

An Aussie/Iberian rentboy..whatever next?

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Speaking of Turds.....

It looks like the pump truck is making good progress on the PI portaloos if Wosi's appearance is any measure.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

I expect Hugelean.......

Will float by later.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..deep breath mate

..that wiffs putrid and you know wosi emanates the gentle smell of English roses..?

Must be all your homeboys crappin themselves at the prospect of Australia's talentless winter of discontent, the cold dark long bleak years ahead and..having to learn Spanish while sat on a high bar stool at the Pink Coconut.

Repeat after me..I must twist the throttle harder, I must twist...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

wosi

Great post...as usual the only comebacks seem to be name calling peppered with a few out of context facts spliced creatively together to form a " fact/lie". I remember the "crankcase" interview with burgess and it really brought to light for me how fucked the bike was and how muleheaded ducati was/is. Ducati DID NOT listen to rossi completely. They picked and chose what was easiest or what they felt like doing. As i said earlier....Its like putting awesome rotors on your car but keeping the same shit calipers, rubber brake lines and oem pads and expecting a stopping improvement. Changing the frame but not adjusting the engine to compliment those changes is obviously much more complex( as you already pointed out) than the above scenario but shares a fundamental similarity...changing one thing on a precision piece of equipment requires adjustments all over to make it work properly. Rossi was willing to roll the dice and rebuild the company but ducrapi hummed and hawed for too long, so he left. Its funny how they are doing just that now...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

They will get a damn good thrashing this year as pennance, a bit like you Bulto if you carry on with this futile anti-Rossi bullshit.

The game is up my friend and you are going down unless you sort yourself out.

You're starting to sound like Buell, god help you

The bike didn't work properly before Rossi got there, it still doesn't work properly now, so how can I blame Rossi for fcking up the bike? I don't know whether it will take a unique set-up, riding style or a complete redesign for them to resolve it. This year's riders may well struggle as badly as the rest have. I wouldn't bet against it.

I don't disagree with most of what you've said and yes I remember clearly Burgess talking about the pivot point of the swingarm - and that was right at the end of their tenure, Burgess had up until then stated many times the engine wasn't the problem. He may finally have been on the right lines, maybe not, the only way to have found out was a new bike with new engine and geometry. Maybe Ducati just couldn't afford it, who knows?

Reading between the lines doesn't make either of us right, this is just a forum for banter and debate, which has to end for me now as I have to start work. My only argument is your stance that they ignored Burgess' advice because theie is no hard fact to confirm exactly what they didn't do.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Cant read

Brain.   To take the cap loacks off your PC its's the btton marked "Cap Lock"  We all thought you could not read, now we know"  Retard

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes el diablo

The ducati had a huge advantage in 2007, and the yamaha was always terrible, but even more so in 2007.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle