Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso latest victim of Ducati understeer issue

After Casey Stoner, Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi complained incessantly about Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue, it was only a matter of time before new recruit Andrea Dovizioso got a clear understanding of the Desmosedici’s Achilles heel. Understeer was the single biggest issue that restricted Rossi to just three podiums in 35 races and a cure has eluded Ducati from the Stoner...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 February 2013 15:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Bag of shite

Audi actually own Europes most powerful c.a.d system for automotive engineering and design outside of formula 1. SO USE IT. Everyone goes on about the riders but in my opinion you could put Jesus Christ on that bike and it will still be a bag of shite. You all have valid points but the over riding thing on the whole disscusion is that the bike doesnt turn and it hasn't since 2007. And i dont care about the spellong miscakes ether.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

the thing

didn't turn in 2007 either, and not all that well in comparative terms in the 990 era. Ducati  (much like ferrari traditionally in F1) have always, in motogp anyway, relied on engine power, an advantage progressively eroded by rule changes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pre-Stoner

Nobody expected Ducati to be on a par with Honda and Yamaha.    Since Stoner rode round the understeer problem in 2007 and gave Ducati a WC everyone expects them to be Honda and Yamaha beaters ..... they ain't on that level and probably never will be.   

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Yep,

Well put Saturn...

Also, not only do Yam and Honda have their factory riders testing... Yamaha have factory testers Nakasuga and Yoshikawa there and Honda have Takahashi.. add in Crutchlow, Smith, Bautista and Bradl on satellite bikes and you have........ 11 Yam/Honda bikes being heavily tested and worked on.....

Ducati have err.......     4.... All in!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Eldiablo

Bulto you are replacing Nostrils in the "I am going to inssist in my opinion and humiliate myself against all odds?"

Humiliate myself... just because you don't agree - not that you get it anyway.  If you did you wouldn't make stupid comments like this:

The bike is crap, was superb in 2007

Imagine for a moment, that Rossi had been Stoner's team mate at Ducati in 2007, not Capirosssi. You Stoner haters make excuses as to why Capirossi wasn't able to ride this wonderful 2007 bike that was the class of the field. You don't accept that it was just as difficult as the current one for one reason only. Now imagine if Rossi had turned in the same results as Capirossi (which he would have done as he has freely admitted he can't ride a Ducati like Stoner) Would you still claim the 2007 bike was superb? I think we know the answer to that.

Then this:

the Duke has already proven it is fast on rain - see VR vs CS last year).

You pick one race out of how many wet races. What about Silverstone 2011 or PI 2011 or the other wet races he placed nowhere or crashed. No? let's just cherry pick the one then.

Humiliate myself - don't make me laugh

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

bluto

stop flapping at the lip, Eldiablo is right. Your posts are either utterly pointless or plain fantasy. Have the good grace to realise that you are infact a buffoon. That hole you're digging gets deeper with every keystroke.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well, that's told me

I promise to behave myself in future

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you don't get it

bulto boy. As someone has pointed out in a similar context on another thread, you are expressing ridiculously biased opinions, whilst your opponents are just pointing out the obvious truth.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

promises promises

You just cant help yourself.Can you?

See you are at it again tonight on other threads.
Do you really believe there is anyone on here that does not think your biased?
Try reading your past 100 posts and you will see why others think your such a chump.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Bultoboy, Doohanfan et al

Give up, you can't get through with logic against superstition. The beliefs run too deep and the internet is vast enough for them to always find something to make them feel secure with their prejudices.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices