Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner poised for car racing debut in Australia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner poised for car racing debut in Australia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner poised for car racing debut in Australia

Double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner has shown off the Red Bull Racing Australia Holden car he will make his long-awaited V8 Supercars debut in later this week. The former factory Ducati and Repsol Honda rider will contest the Dunlop Development Series in 2013 and his competitive four-wheeled debut will come on the unforgiving Victoria Park street track in Adelaide when...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 February 2013 09:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

No doubt his sparkling personality and bonhomie will charm the socks off his competitors.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

on the gas

two top ten finishes in the first 2 free practice sessions less the 7 tenths from top spot against 30 drivers with years of car racing experience , for a guy that spent his life on two wheels and only had two goes in a race car in his life thats pretty impressive. but of course we can't forget laguna seca 08 now can we , the highlight of vale fans existance.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

lol lol

This is funny.....more on here than rossi being miles off the pace at sepang.....caseyisgone you must be either 7yrs old/retarded or YDFC....casey said he was tentative cos it was the last race, track conditions were shite and if he crashed on that ankle again he'd in a wheelchair......you seem to have forgot that bit......just like alot of things u seem to forget

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Don't knock the Rossi

After how many days of testing at Sepang - 5 now? - Rossi is only a wee bit further behind the leader of his class than Stoner is after his first two sessions of practice in an entirely new type of racing machine, on a totally unfamiliar track and an hitherto unknown racing environment (street circuit).  For Rossi, that is doing pretty damn well!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

If I was Stoner I would like to be at home with the missus more(phnarr phnarr). And as for Rossi and the oil tanker that Ducati call a race bike, we all have something called self presevation, which I am sure when your on your bikes, you dont want to end up off it sliding up the road thinking is this it. 2 years of nothing being cured with the handling I would be the same,"oh good I am still walking after the weekend ,pay me", clever boy if you ask me. As for him going back to Yamaha, Jorge would have known about it along time ago, they need someone to get the best out of the M1 and I dont think Jorge is the best rider to develop the bike, enter left Mr Rossi. Good luck Mr Stoner in racing cars and shagging your wife. This season should be a corker and if Rossi comes in 4th at the first round you all know he will do everything he can to change that.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

alex...

So lorenzo winning 2 out of the last 3 world championships isn't getting the best out of it or helping develop the bike in the right direction???....what about trouncing your team mate in testing?...is that any good or is that also the wrong direction?.......how some people on here think defies belief.......

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Simon

I am not denying Jorge talent or the fact that he has won 2 out of 3 of the last championships with out the knowledge of getting the best from the M1, but Pedrosa at the end of the last season was faster winning 6 out of 8 of the last races. Yamaha is on the back foot. The Ducati debacle aside the Rossi Burgess team is regarded as one of the best development partnerships in moto gp, just like when it was Doohan and Burgess. They need a bike to beat Honda, the stats don't lie from last season and Yamaha knew where to go, other wise Rossi would not be there. The way people talk about Rossi going back is like it was plucked out of the air. You know as well as I do that Lorenzo was asked what he thought about it, and I bet he didn't say no to him coming back if it helps with development of the M1, as it can only benefit himself and the team. There is a lot of young talent out there but thats not what you need to get a bike developed, look at Edwards down in crt, hes not winning ,he's developing that bike. There is a new R1 out next year and I can tell you now Yamaha are going racing with it and the number 1 rider in their WSBK team will be Valentino in 2015. But hey Rossi might go and bloody win it and get another year on his contract. Who knows?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

alex

There is only 1 reason why they employed rossi......they thought his high profile would bring in a title sponsor to pay for yamaha's racing effort....and oops that hasn't worked, they will also be paying him peanuts compared to lorenzo.....I need to dispel a myth for you.....rossi and burgess develop nothing ok.....rossi gives feedback by riding the bike 'this feels right, that feels wrong, the bike won't turn at high speed etc...etc and the factory decide if they are going to build parts based on the feedback nobody else....what burgess is talk to all the engineers....u think he , akes the tyre choice?...no the bridgestone guy does that.....u think he calls the suspension setup?....no the ohlins guy does that......engine map?.....eeerrr no....the engineers develop....look at ducati all the riders say the same thing but nothing has changed...why?.....because the engineers will not develop the bike into what it needs to be...so rossi and burgess could do whatever they like it didn't get any better......and there is your proof of their developement skills.....the bike has to be good to start with, all they do is make the slightest of adjustments to go slightly faster.....the rossi would have done and dusted before they even asked lorenzo....as for last season, the honda always goes in the 2nd half of the season as the tracks suit it better...but also pedrosa seems to have stepped up to the plate after being crushed by stoner in 2011

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

oh yeah Burgess is shit

Jeremy Burgess (16 April 1953 in Adelaide Hills, South Australia), is an Australian motorcycle racing chief engineer, having worked with three world champions: Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi.[1] He was also a mechanic on Freddie Spencer's team when Spencer won the 500cc World title in 1985. Burgess learned his GP skills from the legendary American crew chiefs, George Vukmanovich and Erv Kanemoto for whom he worked in his early years. Winning machines prepared by Burgess range from the Suzukis of Randy Mamola to the Hondas of Ron Haslam, Freddie Spencer, Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi to the Yamaha of Valentino Rossi. Since July 1980, these riders have won 157 GP/MotoGP races (as at 2 November 2009) and a total of fourteen World Championships on motorcycles that "JB" has either prepared himself or whose preparation he has overseen as crew chief. Burgess's machinery have achieved over 280 podium finishes. Erm I think I have a point.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

get real alex

Nobody said Burgess is shit, they just pointed out the bleeding obvious. And that is that riders and pit crews do not have primary responsibility for developing the bike. What is Lorenzo's main development request for this year? A seamless shift gearbox. You think they're getting Rossi to develop that?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices