You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > honda cr 125

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

joshmax

Feb 13

joshmax says:

honda cr 125

I need some help! i have an 03 honda cr 125, just a field bike for some winter fun.
i bought the bike from a friend who hasnt used it in about 18 months, its just been sat in his garage.  when i went to try it out i stuck it in first gear and couldnt get it out. it wouldnt change up or down. so i took the clutch basket out and found 3 balls from a ball bearing about the size of a large garden pea. i have looked at all the bearing i can see and they all seem to be in tact. where would they have came from? also the return spring plate had slipped of the bush, would this be caused by the rogue ball bearings?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 February 2013 11:49)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda CR 125 2003?

Hi Joshmax and welcome to the site:smile

I think this sounds like the ball bearings are from inside the power valve governor,the kick start assembly on the CR's are a bit tricky to fit if your not used to doing it,so just take your time when refitting it.If the P/V governor is falling apart the rest of the engine is probably in need of some attention(how many hours it done before you got it?and when was it last rebuilt?),could be worth having an mechanic that understands sports two stroke engines check it over before doing anything more to it,just a thought?Good Luck

KCMC:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices