Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo in dark over Yamaha gearbox plans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo in dark over Yamaha gearbox plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo in dark over Yamaha gearbox plans

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo has cast doubt on whether he will get to race a new seamless shift gearbox on Yamaha’s factory YZR-M1 in 2013. A new gearbox was high on Lorenzo’s wish list to help him successfully defend the MotoGP title this year, but the seamless shift system already employed by Honda and Ducati is not yet available. Worryingly for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 February 2013 16:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

I wonder what today's excuse will be...?

And before anyone says "rain" those times were obviously done in the dry. Is it me or is Rossi closer to the Ducatis than he is to the shonky old M1 Cal is riding? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

PRACTICE DUMBO

MANDY YOU ARE A DUMB ASS.
WAIT TILL THE RACE BEFORE YOU POST YOUR SHITE.
DID ALL THE RIDERS GO FOR A FAST TIME?

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Oh dear

+1 to the fuckwit list. Did all the riders try to go as quickly as they could with what they had under them? I would expect so as it's their job, how do you test the limit of something if you don't take it to the limit?

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Judging by the times now

I'd say Rossi rode the wheels off his M1 to post his fastest lap on his last lap of 60, this says to me he was desperate to improve his time but came up exactly half a second short, or 14 seconds over a full race distance.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

How many laps is sepang again??

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Brian

the Brain  Have you found the "ANY" key yet you retard

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

mandy

Did all the riders go as quickly as they could...are you being daft on purpose mate? Or do you really not understand? As a general rule you are correct; some people were doing race sims and some not. The ones doing race sims were going for rythm not- one off fast laps. For rossi to be that close to lorenzo...that tells a more accurate story as they were both doing race sims....or at least they said they were. I suspect marquez tried to sneak a lap in to top the charts and dani had to as well to slap him down....years ago i (before kids) i used to devour lap charts and the pattern i saw with rossi was that he worked on sectors as opposed to outright lap times. He would focus on one sector, then another, so looking at his "perfect"lap was usually much better than his average lap time...then during the race he would put all the sectors together...lorenzo, marquez,and pedrosa seem to go for " whole lap rythm". One is not better than the other just different.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think what you're trying to say Choccy Cams

Is Rossi really struggled at times and couldn't wait for his one off overnight special tyre to be brewed up by the Michelin man.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

brianthelion??????

Brianthelion

User's Badge

Brianthelionsays

BETTER GET THAT INVECTIVE READY DOGBOY COS DOVIS COMING RIGHT AT YA - CHECK THE LATEST TIMES WHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ................,

From now on. Brianthelion shall be known as bitchthepussy. an scared little laptop writer

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VFR

For rossi to be that close to lorenzo...that tells a more accurate story as they were both doing race sims....or at least they said they were.

There's probably still not much that can be read into the times due to the different agenda of each rider

From reports, Pedrosa has been working on suspension set up and didn't appear bothered with chasing a fastest lap time today. Same with Lorenzo who was doing long distance runs for race simulation and who didn't bother with the 'shoot-out' at the end of the session. Rossi continued from yesterday, chasing a set-up and had been running 3 to 4 tenths off Lorenzo's race simulation pace all day until he went into the shoot-out at the end to post his quickest lap. He appears to be struggling to match Lorenzo's pace on even standings, at least at the moment.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle