Skip to content

General Would you vote for this guy ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Would you vote for this guy ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Would you vote for this guy ?

http://news.uk.msn.com/comment-and-analysis/john-ofarrell-the-candidate-who-backed-argentine-fascists/ 

Whatever your feelings or opinion on the morals of the Falklands conflict do you think this man's a suitable candidate for the British Parliament ? I have my own doubts about Thatcher's actions at that time, it may have been a convenient conflict to boost her ratings but when push came to shove a job needed doing and, it was done by boots on the ground in the air and on the sea by British service personnel who deserved the support of the country and those who sent them into a conflict. This man in my opinion does not deserve to enter a British Parliament. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 February 2013 17:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

precisely

he's a cunt

Reply to this Topic
spongebob1

Jul 12

spongebob1 says:

"got it out" the bike that is

took out bike yesterday father,went really well,off to devils bridge today with a mate,damn that things a lot quicker than the VFR .:sunglasses: 

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Just you be careful

sunshine ! behave yourself :wink:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

James

I may be young, I may not read the Daily Hell, but I can tell you that working with people makes you jaded very very quickly.

Interestingly fortnightly bin collections are part of EU law on waste going to landfill. It's nice to see another EU country doing what they want whilst we shamelessly lick the dogshit off their heels and obey the rules.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Corruption in Spain

is rife, I've heard it said that the Spanish government is backing away from more austerity measures for fear of a public backlash. When you read things like this as a foreigner here it makes you wonder what the hell the Spanish are thinking and feeling.

http://news.yahoo.com/spanish-savings-bank-directors-suspected-fraud-134525362.html 

Then you see the front line services still being carried out well, it may make you feel some admiration for those still doing their jobs well, it does me anyway.

Then read stuff like this, I'm not so sure the Spanish authorities can depend on the Police or Guardia Civil being too keen on taking harsh actions against protesters. The Police have stopped attending evictions in some cities since one woman committed suicide in front of them at one.

http://www.barcelonareporter.com/index.php?/news/comments/spanish_police_protest_over_a_pay_cut_drivers_given_warnings_not_fines/

Reply to this Topic
bimmerman

Aug 02

bimmerman says:

A quick history lesson

From Wikipedia. The Islands were unoccupied when first found by the Dutch, then settled by the French (East Island) and shortly thereafter by the British (West Island). The French island was given to the Spanish who administered it from Argentina. Both Spain and Britain left the islands (both leaving plaques claiming continuing rights). The islands were refounded as the United Provinces of the River Plate by an American privateer - no, I'd never heard of them either! Resettled by Luis Vernet with authourisation from both Buenos Aires and Britain. The Americans roll up, remove the ruling authority on the island by force and declare them free form all government. The Argentinians returned in 1832 but were forcibly replaced by the British in 1833 who have remained ever since. Prior to the Argentine invasion in 1982, the British Government intended to persuade the Islanders that they would be better off under an Argentine administration, particularly as all transport and energy supplies at that time came through Argentina. The Falklanders only got British nationality in 1983, after the Falklands War. 

In short, we stole the island in 1833. So why the big fuss about an MP knowing his history and having a sense of right and wrong, even if it goes against the national interest? Why do we want to keep sovereignty now when we were trying to give it away before? Keeping the Falklands British comes at a huge cost which we subsidise, unless they are trading with Argentina. Could it be something to do with oil and mining interests?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Bimmerman

I think you may have a point there. Oh,and not forgetting military "strategy"  :wink:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

What ever history says

about the Falklands isn't relevant to O'Farells history and opinions then. Britain's military strategy isn't relevant to the thread the military were sent by parliament to do a job O'farrell wanted them to lose. Whatever reasons British armed forces are sent anywhere they have no choice, they signed on knowing that and go to do a job simple as. Had our forces lost the conflict in any respect there would have been a greater loss of British lives and this man wished that. I don't believe his opinions have changed since then, he may say they have but then he wants to be elected to parliament and will say anything to achieve it.

I doubt the morals of the Falklands conflict but British forces deserve support when they're sent to fight not someone wishing them to lose and wishing success to the IRA in assassination attempts.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle