You are in... Forums > General > General > Displaying your tax disc

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Displaying your tax disc

Anyone else use Bike Shield stuff to display their tax disc?.

Mostly used on mountain bikes and the like to protect the frame from cable rub and stone chips etc, but does a right tidy job of holding your tax :wink:

Clear Bike Shield

Ta Da

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 February 2013 12:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Very nice...

and your displaying it on the correct side of the bike..  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Anyone else use Bike Shield stuff to display their tax disc?

No, but I think I will do now, thanks. I couldn't find a good mounting point on my R1 for a bolt-on holder so I've been using the stick-on GT-Moto ones from Halfords, but this seems like a good alternative and probably cheaper too. What a good idea.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Glad you noticed that Mrs H

:wink: the Bike shield stuff comes in different size packs, mines the full pack (£23.99) some of it's been used on mountain bikes in the past but what's left would prolly do 5 tax discs :smile

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Ah

Glad you mentioned the sizes, I was about to say "£23.99 for enough to cover one tax disc?!" :P

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

zand

I guess if you've a few bikes or have riding buddies you could split/share the cost?

I'm sure there's cheaper stuff out there but I had this leftover, and it's proper thick stuff and once stuck it's waterproof.

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Don't get me wrong

£24 is perfect if it could cover more than one tax disc (just throw it in a cupboard until the next year), but if it was just £24 for one... wowsers!

Sounds like good stuff!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Huh?

What's a tax disc?????

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

snev

A tax disc is what responsible people display on their vehicle. money is then spent on  the upkeep of roads (not as much as we would like :upset:) which can make this safer for people on two wheels. However to purchase this thingy you need a bit of grey spongey matter in the cavity of your skull :lol:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I hate

road tax. The cost for cars is based on carbon emissions, whilst on bikes it's based on arsewipes making up numbers. We contribute very little to CO2 emissions and even less to road damage. When a car crashes or goes over a speed bump it damages the road. When a motorcycle crashes it usually puts a little white mark on the floor and last time I went over a speed bump it caused me damage, not the other way round.

This government is obsessed with taxing this country to hell. We need less tax all round to ensure free flowing business therefore more business from more businesses therefore more tax from lower tax. Tax the public through the nose and people just won't bother taxing vehicles, etc. Then you have more people made into criminals who can't afford to commute to work anyway and can't get jobs due to their criminal records.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

So

people evade road tax because of the cost, fairly minimal for a bike? I'm pretty sure more people are concerned by the huge hike in insurance costs and fuel. My bike tax works out at 10p a day. I can't even buy a pack of rizla's for that! Uh oh, someones going to say i should pay more national insurance because i smoke. I say tax gaz1982 more because he has huge emissions,  apparently :winkie:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices