Skip to content

Discuss This Pedrosa top of rain-hit Sepang test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Pedrosa top of rain-hit Sepang test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Pedrosa top of rain-hit Sepang test

Rain this morning in Sepang saw most of the track action taking place in the afternoon, with Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa fastest of the day with a 2'00.562 lap. With yesterday's fastest man Jorge Lorenzo concentrating on race simulations, no one was close to his pace of yesterday that saw him set a 2'00.282. There were minor crashes from Nicky Hayden...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 February 2013 14:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ed30

Sep 12

ed30 says:

supermario

I'm being sarcastic. Even Autosport reports motogp news and updates before MCN, and their focus is cars.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Spies still half a second ..

off his team mate (rookie)? What is going on....... dude? Where's my Gixxer???

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Gidday Willie and welcome back

Hunkered down during the off season slang fest I see. Fair enough too.

Yes Spies performance is a bit of a worry. He seems to have made no significant progress since Sepang nr.1. probably the shoulder remains quite a hinderance so as Visorviews.com states we'll cut him some slack. I for one still expect Spies to gel with the Duke for the same reasons I've alway said, and the same reason the man himself has stated - he likes a slighty loose bike. The big question is;  does such a machine exist in MotoGP anymore?

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Been on a smugbatical..

Yes Nostro I have been off bathing in a hot tub of my own perception and fore sight.  :biggrin:

Such as (from the winter of 2011/2012):

Pedrosa - thouroughly deserves his ride and going by his end of season form (2011) that subject to injury he would take it to Stoner and Lorenzo this season. +

Stoner - wouldn't walk the championship, is different but, not always faster than the other two apart from testing/practice. +     Would get injured - didn't see that one +

Rossi - Wouldn't get any better let alone be competitive on the Ducati. +

Dovi - Would dust Spies again and Cal even changing to a Sat Yam. +

So not a lot for me to opine about at the end of 2012 really was there? Can't be bothered with the keyboard bullies, screamers, or internet engineers and riding analysts all whom have neither built or ridden a racing machine. Trust me.... R1's / 999's / Blades / and Gixxers are not race bikes no matter how many times you get your knee down on your local twisty bit or track day.

I like to agree/disagree with you or anyone else when it comes to opinion and perception. Right or wrong is.. only under the helmet of any particular racer we are talking about.  Good to see Wosi and the rest of the fun merchants / fan boys keeping up the banter. Hopefully this season will bring some drama I feel like getting involved in. Not engine mount positions, frame construction, temper tantrums, and overtly biased stat comparisons, or greatness meters.

Ciao Mama's!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

SM

Rossi crashed a bit in his rookie year, but, well, you know the rest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, years of preferential treatment, 'special tyres' etc etc and he faced nothing like todays competition. Had he faced this level of quality over his career i guess his stats would be so much less than they are currently. But hey, he got lucky and fairplay to him.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Yes pacey

He hardly did anything, in fact i clearly remember those races where other riders were literally hopping off their bikes, saying 'there goes lucky old rossi again, fortune shines on him so bright we might aswell save ourselves the effort and head back to the pits now', infact now you mention it there were entire seasons where they decided to forgoe the actual races and just drew names out of a hat. Of course, not realising that you make your own luck in this world is just the sort of thing I'd expect from someone who backs a quitter...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pacey

you kind of asked for that bud.  Let's not forget no matter what perceived 'privileges' you get - you still need that talent to be able to use it.  If you look at Johnny Rea's performance in two races on Stoner's Repsol you will agree that although giving a good performance he lacked that little bit extra that aliens have.   Rossi raced the best of the day and beat them - it's demeaning to say they are not of the same standard as today's boys. It's all relative.   You could say Marquez is only where he is because he's privileged to be on the best bike.  No he's where his is because of his talent - same as Rossi in his day.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Be careful pc

I doubt your laptop warranty covers water damage from all those salty little tears running down your face

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices