Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘I could have been fastest’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘I could have been fastest’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘I could have been fastest’

Cal Crutchlow believes slower riders cost him the chance to have a shot at topping the timesheets on the final day of the second MotoGP test at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia today. After an early rain interruption the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider was lying in sixth place when the majority of the field went into time attack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 February 2013 15:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Oh dear...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Shut the fk up Cal..

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Stop talking cal and just ride....barbara is a dick though( as a racer...i dont know him personally). Im sure hector tried the same stunt on the big 4 too

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Artistic licence again

With a headline that bears no resemblance to what he is reported as saying in the editorial.

I winced when I read it and thought 'oh no, not again', but nowhere does he say I could have been fastest.

The point he makes about slower riders is a fair one. The consequences of hitting a slower bike would be catastrophic - remember Sheene.

As for the time, from what's been reported, I'd guess Pedrosa didn't go hunting for a fast lap today, so it would be irrelevant if he thought he could beat it.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Whats wrong?

The guys entitled to his opinion. After all its him whos going to get punted off by these guys hanging around for a tow. He makes a valid point and its usually the riders who complain about what they see as dangerous who get things changed. Barry Sheene being the stand out example. 

Its just seems that some folk are too keen to criticise Cal Crutchlow everytime he says anything.
Leave the lad alone. He never said anything there that wasn`t a legitimate opinion.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Cal has a very valid point about the safety issue...but to say i think i could have been fastest if everyone would get out my way is like saying i could have been fastest if i was fastest...l

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Well

no it isn`t. If he`s on target to do the fastest lap and gets blocked towards the end of the lap, then he`s justified in saying what he did.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Make your mind up Cal

MCN report Cal as being furious with the slower riders yet over on Bikesport News he says this -

“I am leaving this test in a positive frame of mind because I am fourth overall and although I was only sixth quickest today I actually think I could have been fastest. When everybody was pushing hard for a fast lap time at the end of the day I got held up on every lap but I am not worried about that," said Crutchlow.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fair do's Cal

He's a racer and believes 100% in his abilties - completely the right attitude. Although to date his mouth remains fractionally faster than his wrist. The gap is forever closing though.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Sheene?..

..surely the Huber and Brown crash at Silverstone in '83 is the "stand out' example?...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices