Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘I could have been fastest’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘I could have been fastest’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘I could have been fastest’

Cal Crutchlow believes slower riders cost him the chance to have a shot at topping the timesheets on the final day of the second MotoGP test at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia today. After an early rain interruption the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider was lying in sixth place when the majority of the field went into time attack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 February 2013 15:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘I could have been fastest’ you and me both mate

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

CHR

Bulto was refering to Barry`s crash at Silverstone when he hit a 250. I was refering to Barry`s constant and very successful campaign to improve the safety of the sport. I can`t think of any rider yet who did more for improving the lot of riders and his legacy lives on in this respect. 

I`m not aware of the incident to which you refer, although any crash is bad news and if Cal thinks there are safety concerns then he`s right to express them. In fact its the duty of all riders to shout up about things they see from their point of view because one things for sure...the organisers will do nothing otherwise. 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Yes, that's the one I meant - the days when different capacity classes practised on track together. He hit a 250 that was on the racing line and much slower than his bike.

You can see Cal's point

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A bloke I raced with

in the early nineties lost a leg because fucking cars and bikes were on the track together in a mid week 'free day' of practice at Pukekohe (luckily he only raced Harleys so any body English required was completely lost in translation. To his credit Terry raced said boat anchors again years later). You could say this is bloody madness to be out there at the same time as cages (and I'd agree) but many of us have done 'spirited' rides amongst the cages on our road bikes.

Anyway the larger point here is 24 is the right size maximum grid for MotoGP. A good balance between numbers and safety. Fuck global giant Suzuki for squandering their place on the grid. If they had any sense they knew the potential nature of this numbers game. Take the Aspar backdoor Suzuki and climb the greasy pole from the bottom once more. Just think where they could be right now with a bit of enthusiasm. AB was on the cusp of podiums whilst still a green rookie on the blue bike.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

dont know

what all the fuss is about, google this DONT BRING A DIRTBIKE TO A TRACTOR FIGHT, keep up the good work cal you are the best hope us brits have for win in motogp.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Cheeky.

I know the Sheene incident and I appreciate you were illustrating his safety campaigning. The Huber/Brown crash was a horrific incident that occurred in 1983, also at Silverstone, when Irish rider Norman Brown slowed down due to apparent mechanical issues but stayed on the racing line and was then hit by a Swiss rider, Peter Huber. Both riders died in the accident...

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

wosi

be nice to cal thats all you have over there. look what i have to route for here in the states LOL

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

73mach3

Actually Buddy Cals 'not all we have'...theres a cracking MotoGp 2 rider called Scott Redding who will win a few GPs this year and also Danny Kents stepped up to MotoGp 2 and will show his class.I think the next 5 years will be a golden era for British GP riders... sorry mate but the yanks have had their day in GPs(and theres no tobacco companies to to bank roll them any more)

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Wow...

You should calm down a bit mate,you'll find bad marshaling and dangerous racing condtions were wide-spread in the eighties ...Laguna Sega have only just got their act together in the last 5 years...I would never criticise a British marshal

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
danjoh

Aug 02

danjoh says:

Brian So you're agreeing with Cal, yes?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle