Skip to content

Discuss This 'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi got a close up view of the future of MotoGP in Sepang today when he chased rookie sensation Marc Marquez for three laps on the final day of testing in Malaysia. Rossi clung onto the back wheel of Marquez’s Repsol Honda RC213V machine this afternoon and he was raving about the Spaniard’s all-action and aggressive riding style. Rossi and Marquez...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 February 2013 15:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Pannyderosa

See reply to SM below. It has nothing to do with discrediting Rossi, just setting facts straight that comments like yours twist - and those of TT below regarding the test times, which don't take into account that on the final day Lorenzo was doing race simulations whereas some riders including Rossi went for an outright fast one-off lap - which is what put him so close to Lorenzo's time. Prior to that, on race simulation runs, he was some tenths back from Lorenzo - enough for him to say it bothered him.

To your Grow Up comment, I apologise if it upset you, maybe you're being a bit over sensitive.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

You seem so confused blindboy

My comments about you are quite true and I do not seem to be the only one with that opinion.
I have not twisted anything by the way.
Did I mention anything about the recent test?
If you believe everything you read on the net you really are very naive.
There is however an interview with Fusuwara on the net where he openly admits who how much a certain rider and his team helped with that bike.
If you care to look it up.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Just as I thought bluto...

...you're confusing your personal opinion, with actual fact. I think we've already clearly established that your highly biased opinions are worth fk all.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Fact and going over old ground

An extract from Furusawa's interview about the M1

It can be really hard to convince everyone to go in the same direction. So I did some trick. I came up with a pretty good idea - the crossplane crankshaft [utilising 'big bang' technology] - and then right after I joined MotoGP I started a design. Half a year later the first prototype ran on the racetrack near the Yamaha headquarters.

Everybody was looking and the first thing the test rider said was 'this bike feels slow'. So everyone looked at me, thinking 'Hmmm. You are the guy who thought of this...' And then he said 'But the lap time is so fast. It just feels slow because it is very, very smooth and stable.'

That was Christmas time in 2003. Then Valentino Rossi came to Yamaha and rode for the first time here [at Sepang] in January 2004. He is really a genius. He rode the crossplane bike for just five or six laps and then came back and said 'this bike is the best one'.

Take a note of the date - Christmas 2003. The bike was built, running and performing well before Rossi had seen it. Out of the bikes offered to him to test, he chose it. In the Sepang test immediately afterwards he was right on the pace.

Fact - good enough for you, or do you find that too confusing.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Pannyderosa

As before, see reply below. What Furusawa said.

And I know you didn't mention the recent test. If you understood what you were reading you'd have seen I mentioned that someone else referred to that and compared laptimes - failing to mention the circumstances behind those laptimes - therefore twisting facts to make someone's performance look better than it was.

It has nothing to do with discrediting anyone - it's about presenting facts properly if you're going to base an argument on them.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You idiot

You've just proved my point! Furusawa had an idea, and with guidance from others, his idea was realised.

A number of engines were designed by Furusawa, but if the crossplane had not been picked it would have been consigned to the scrap heap like so many others. Its not like it was the obvious choice either as it was the least powerful.

Furusawa himself has the good grace and depth of character to acknowledge Rossi's contribution, why can't you?

Do yourself a favour bluto, switch off your laptop and take a day off from being a complete tit, for once.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You're a little gem

With guidance from others... ???

He designed a specific engine for a specific purpose, to deliver smooth enough power to make the bike accelerate smoothly which greatly contributes to a more rideable bike and to faster lap times. His idea, no-one else's, not sure where the "guidance from others" comes from. The test rider proved his design worked.

Then Rossi arrived and chose the same combination - reiterating what the test rider reported and ratifying the design as a success

Not sure how you can have difficulty in understanding that

I think Furusawa sold himself short. The genius was the man that came up with the idea and built it - himself

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

He designed a specific engine for a specific purpose, to deliver smooth enough power to make the bike accelerate smoothly which greatly contributes to a more rideable bike and to faster lap times. His idea, no-one else's, not sure where the "guidance from others" comes from. The test rider proved his design worked.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ergo the 'big bang' 500's.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bitchy Bulto..

Nakamoto couldn't ride an RCV to save his life, therefore his opinion on charge Casey Stoner's mental state is worthless.

Furusawa can't ride an M1 to save his life either, Yet Bultobitch reckons he's selling himself short and should take sole credit for turning Yamaha's fortunes around in 2004.

Prior to Rossi arriving for 2004, Yamaha hadn't won a title for 11 years..

2003, the Factory team didn't manage a single podium. Checa was best placed rider 7th in the standings with 123pts.

2004 on the brilliant new factory M1 as Rossi's team mate, he finished 7th again with a single podium(2nd) on 117pts.

Furusawa's bike didn't apparently make much of a difference to him.

Everybody knows, apart from the bitch, that it was a close team effort. Rossi rode the bike to success against the odds and many pundits at the time predicted he'd bitten off more than he could chew.

Yamaha, in stark contrast to Ducati under Preziosi, were happy to be led by his development direction and pulled out all the stops to give the man a bike that justified his ability. He repaid that faith in spades. They had not forgotten what he did for them and that is the reason he's back with them today.

The fact that Rossi is considered the finest development rider by those in the know, as opposed to detracting fanboi who's hating agenda has fk all to do with being a keen student of the sport, is the single biggest chip the afforementioned fckos find hardest to shoulder. It really get's under their skin.

This is based on the fact that Stoner only ever won a title on bikes that he'd had fk all to do with. The 2007 Ducati was a great package and so was the 2011 RCV..both of which he inherited.

His results went backwards on the Ducati over 4 years and his results on the Honda were heading the same way.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Nakamoto couldn't ride an RCV to save his life,

Furusawa can't ride an M1 to save his life either,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Vale can't ride a Ducati. A full set bud ;)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices