Skip to content

Discuss This 'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi got a close up view of the future of MotoGP in Sepang today when he chased rookie sensation Marc Marquez for three laps on the final day of testing in Malaysia. Rossi clung onto the back wheel of Marquez’s Repsol Honda RC213V machine this afternoon and he was raving about the Spaniard’s all-action and aggressive riding style. Rossi and Marquez...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 February 2013 15:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I like it..

A softening of tone from the conspiracy king?

ALL the Yamaha riders had the new bike with big bang engine and modified chassis..only Rossi did any good on it.

Furusawa is on record as praising Rossi's development lead and told Preziosi to listen to what he had to say if he wanted a bike that everyone could ride. He didn't and doesn't work there anymore.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/73593/1/yamaha_completes_final_test_before_rossi.html

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/73785/2/barcelona_treated_as_yamaha_unveils_new_line-up.html

http://whttp://www.crash.net/motogp/news/73933/1/big_bang_puts_checa_in_high_gear.html

ww.crash.net/motogp/news/73909/1/abe_surprised_by_rossi.html

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/73939/1/yamaha_set-up_report__jerez.html

I don't believe for a second that you were joshing Bulto..it's simply not your style.

No need to aplogise.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi old lad

ALL the Yamaha riders had the new bike with big bang engine and modified chassis..only Rossi did any good on it.

I know, that's what I said...

If you really think I was serious about Checa not being allowed the 2004 bike, you've definitely had a mouthful or two too much of Granny Smith's juice. Make sure she takes her teeth out when she takes a mouthful of yours

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

absolutely no doubt

bultoboy that rossi's 2004 title was particularly meritorious, and perhaps his crowning achievement, with the 2008 title the other contender. It also had everything to do with rossi, he had a dominant win against the fantastic bike on which he had been untouchable the year before, and other yamahas didn't get near him as has been said. Like you I don't think he designs engines in general or cross plane crankshaft engines in particular, but he deserves credit at the very least for choosing to go with that direction, which it would seem he did fairly immediately, and for subsequent development. My reading of events was that furosawa thought he had the right idea but was doubtful he would be backed on it, particularly by a rider, going for rideability even at the expense of some ultimate power was perhaps a radical idea at the time.

The same people rightly acclaiming rossi's 2004 success simultaneously decrying stoner's success in 2007 in similar circumstances, or attributing any problems at yamaha such as occurred in 2006 to yamaha alone (which may be true) whilst blaming stoner for any ills at ducati is where it gets silly.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Jings crivvens an help ma boab

Just been reading through this thread and I get a feeling of deja vu!
Same old pointless arguments.Same old biased Bulto.
As usual doohanfan gives the most reasonable unbiased opinion.
Of course Rossi deseves credit for the 2004 bike.
Of course Stoner deserves credit for taking the 2007 title although the circumstances were completely different in each case.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Fannies

I just wish half of you old women out there were banned from this site (you know who you are!) every article to do with racing has the same fannies making the same idiotic comments and spouting the same inane opinions, every single time these good article turn into a "Bitch Fest" and a child like name calling contest, I get pissed off trying to find and read the sensible comments, surely you got better things to do in your boring lives, get out on you bikes and enjoy life!, sure your entitled to your opinions but you don't have to force them onto the rest of us and spoil good and interesting articles !!!

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

2 true bry

same old boring farts day after day stating the same old facts and figures.
It just gets so tedious having to see it time after time.
Even their attempts at humour are pretty feeble.
As bry says have you nothing better to do in your boring lives than bore others with your egotistical crap.
Get out and get a life for fks sake.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Soft cocks..

I wish half the sorry sapheeds would enlighten the rest of us with some intelligent & thought provoking comment, encouraging healthy debate, banter & even argument, instead of whining like little girls crying about the price of lipstick and taking potshots from behind their handbags.

"I like Marc..he's fast. Hope he doesn't punt them all off though."

"Rossi will win one or two but forget the title."

Fkin great..really interesting?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi you bitch

You've made Buell's mascara run

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

DH

Rossi deserves credit for his 2004 performance, no question

The 990 Honda was indeed the creme of the crop up to then and had Rossi stayed there and Biaggi or Gibernau ridden the new M1Rossi still would have won. It wasn't that the bike was that good anyone could have won on it, the point is, the bike was good enough to win but needed a rider capable of doing so on it. Rossi was, Checa and the rest weren't. Biaggi and Gibernau could run Rossi close and would have won the odd race but Rossi was better.

But the bike itself was Furusawa's creation and his alone. That Rossi chose it out of a few alternatives is no big deal is it? If you are given bikes to try and one of them is significantly easier to ride than the others and yields a better lap time, which one would you choose? Remember the test rider said the same in that first 2003 test.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lemon squeezy innit?

Stoner begged for the CF GP9.

He reckoned he had a good feeling with it and the bike was fast first time out in testing.

The bike won 7 races in two years, but the bike he pleaded for it to replace won 17 in the two years before?

No big deal choosing choosing the right bike is it?  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle