Skip to content

Discuss This 'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi got a close up view of the future of MotoGP in Sepang today when he chased rookie sensation Marc Marquez for three laps on the final day of testing in Malaysia. Rossi clung onto the back wheel of Marquez’s Repsol Honda RC213V machine this afternoon and he was raving about the Spaniard’s all-action and aggressive riding style. Rossi and Marquez...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 February 2013 15:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Doctor doctor..

You'll need more than a few pills by the time I've finished.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

wosi

I am game for as long as you like. It seems to be becoming tedious for others though.

You probably do have the long term advantage admittedly, since I am intellectually incapable of simultaneously proclaiming one rider's genius for going with an engine designed with rideability rather than absolute power in mind whilst complaining about another rider having an unfair advantage from an engine designed for raw power at the expense of rideability, to the extent that absolutely no-one else could ride the bike in question competitively.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..

You plead for more reasoned debate then come out with the same old fanboy shit..absolutely no-one else could ride the bike in question competitively?

Winning races when the pressure was off at season's end is the same as shutting the gate after the horse has bolted and it's not the same as manning up & fighting for a title.

It's like the boxer who's been losing for 2min 30secs of a round, then starts swinging wildly to catch a judge's eye..A load of bollocks, completely divorced from reality and everyone else's perception of events.

Couldn't ride the best bike as competitively as his team mate last year could he? Who..btw, has won exactly fk all in seven years at Honda.

Stoner wasn't taming the bike or even riding it when he was picking gravel out his arse for half the time in 2010 was he?

And however well you like to think he rode, he crashed his fkin brains out and was no faster than Rossi..quite often slower, as we've discussed at length and is written in the record book.

Reading your attempts at objective discussion is like watching a tennis match from the umpire's chair..I've got neck ache watching you perform.

Twat..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I am very definitely not

objective wosi, and have never claimed to be so. Hardly a claim you can make either.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

crikey..

..a bit of honesty?

While you're in the mood, here's a bit more for you..

Casey Stoner was a very fast rider but, never the complete article.

Too many demons and a suspect mental approach towards what was required to win a championship, and then keep hold if it, marked him as a flawed genius.

Nothing to do with Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa or any other competitor..these shortcomings were all his own making. Part of his make up.

In Casey's world there is only Casey. I blame his parents for spoiling him as a kid.

I mean..honestly..who marries an under age fan that asks for her belly to be signed?

It's borderline criminal..not normal and ever so slightly sad.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

SAME OLD BOL**K`S

So here we are once again,Moto GP just around the corner,and the worst season ever,will soon be upon us.Only 4 "Work`s" bike`s on the grid,the Ducati`s don`t count anymore,not since the Rossi/Burgess disaster struck them down. It will take them a while to undo the shocking and expensive "work" of the over-rated twin`s. And we have a novice on 1 of the 4 top bike`s.So that leave`s just 3 ffs,and 1 of them is Rossi!,so that leave`s us with just 2 possible winner`s.WOW,EPIC! Since the G.O.A.T has now retired,this class really is dead.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

@revnev7

The GOAT HAS RETIRED!!!!!? U silly boy no he hasent he rides for Yamaha now lol

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

this last post

says more about you than it does about stoner or me wosi.

What exactly does your cod psychological speculation, verging on the unsavoury in this  post, have to do with gp bike racing, or reality in general for that matter?  You  also provide constant evidence on multiple concurrent threads as to the genesis of the current admittedly ridiculous detraction from the man with the second greatest record in gp bike racing. You will not goad me into personal insults against you, or detraction from rossi's achievements, both of which I would consider losing the debate in my terms. 

As I have said, stoner rode two of the greatest seasons anyone has ever ridden. Whether or not he could have or should have had more such seasons and regardless of  whether the explanation of why he didn't was loss of focus or any other reason, he did get it totally together for those 2 seasons and no threadbare sophistry by you can change that. To rossi, doohan et al who were able to hold it together for significantly more such seasons,  even greater credit of course.

Nice use of the straw man logical fallacy in your recent posts, btw.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Shame innit..

Oh dear..verging on the unsavoury is it?

You must have led a very sheltered life, probably a little spoilt by Mummy & Daddy too?

Stoners business is his own, but when experienced man managers of Nakamotos stature call him immature at 27..it makes a person look for reasons why. Contradictory, contrary & constantly lashing out..he doesn't strike one as particularly happy with his rather privelleged lot. 

Getting involved with his missus so early, overly protective parents, missing out on a lot of growing up, living in a goldfish bowl and being introverted..is not a good springboard for life.

His make up has been shaped by the above and, with wosi's amateur shrink cap on, I don't think it has done him any favours. Coming apart like a cheap watch is the phrase Schwantz used for Kocinski..rather apt.

It is relevant and you fkin know it Dr Kildare..but hey, you carry on with your feigned indignance and let reality fly clean over your head. 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

feigned indignation or not wosi

what I found unusual was your pre-occupation with stoner's personal life, even apart from this being a complete irrelevance on a bike racing forum.

Different strokes for different folks. If 16 year old girls going out with teenage boys is beyond the pale in your local community, presumably a remnant Amish or Plymouth Brethren community in old blighty, I guess this is another reason for stoner not meeting your entirely peculiar  standards.

Also yet further evidence  that you have no substantive arguments.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices