Skip to content

Discuss This 'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

'Spectacular' Marc Marquez thrills Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi got a close up view of the future of MotoGP in Sepang today when he chased rookie sensation Marc Marquez for three laps on the final day of testing in Malaysia. Rossi clung onto the back wheel of Marquez’s Repsol Honda RC213V machine this afternoon and he was raving about the Spaniard’s all-action and aggressive riding style. Rossi and Marquez...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 February 2013 15:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Umpteen paragraphs of horseshit

Sums that up Wosi

It's there in Furusawa's own word and you still twist the facts. Get a friggin life pal. Furusawa joined for the 2003 season but had little chance to do anything with that bike. He started work on the 2004 bike early 2003 and what he designed and built is what Rossi rode.

No-one knew what was being designed for 2004, hence the 'bitten off more than he can chew'  viewpoint - based on 2003 performance. You make out Rossi took the 2003 bike and told Furusawa how to fix it - ffs.

In that case you may as well say Stoner went to Ducati and developed the 800 for them and won first time out - exactly the same scenario

Sometimes you act like a real pillock

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hypocrite..

Listen simpleton..explain to us how in 2004 nobody else did any good on the Yamaha then?

You and your soppy fangirl sisters constantly bang on about how Capirossi's 2007 performance shows that Stoner was the sole reason Ducati lifted the title. He had a win amongst 4 podium that year.

Checa has one lousy podium and you try and paint it as though Furasawa was solely responsible for Yamaha's turn around in fortunes..while telling us it's not about disrespecting Rossi. You just want people to stop twisting the facts?

You're a fking fruitcake Pal..and your credibility is in tatters.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bulto

Umpteen paragraphs of horseshit

---------------------------------------------------------

It seem's  'wosi' works on the failed principle of 'he who types(shouts) longest(loudest) is always right'.

I like 'wosi'. Fucks about too much with stats/facts etc etc but generally seems like a decent chap to have a pint with.................until it's his round! ;)

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..

I'll buy you a nice pint of Strongbow with plenty of ice later in the summertime PC..

When you've downed it, we'll use the ice to reduce the swelling on your bollocks after the kicking you've agreed to take when Rossi is competitive.

Clocks go forward soon..can't wait.

:laugh::laugh::winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Silly Boy

Listen simpleton..explain to us how in 2004 nobody else did any good on the Yamaha then?

There's a simple answer to that  -  It was in Rossi's contract that Checa and Co continue with the 2003 bike. Catch up

On your Yakamoto analogy  - Yakamoto is manager, he doesn't design bikes. Do you really think he was in a position to tell one of his riders that they were wrong in their opinion of whether a component was an improvement over another.

Furusawa is a designer and used the principles of what he'd been taught to come up with his own idea of how a bike should be designed and built. It worked. His gut feeling told him it would work as did his teaching, but he still needed the opinion of a rider to confirm it.

Two entirely different aspects.

PC - your bollocks are safe, if Wosi's swing is as wide of the mark as his theories...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

'Fosters top' please bud.

As for the ice and my chuddies...................................we'll wait and see i guess pal ;) 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Just for you Wosi, whilst you're frothing at the mouth

Here's a snippet from Furusawa in 2008 answering some questions on how they developed Rossi's bike for 2008 following the switch to Bridgestone. Should dispel the myth that just fitting the Bridgestones made the difference as well as the one that Rossi and Lorenzo had the same equipment. Notice also when he says Valentio is pleased with our work - that will be the work that the engineers have done in improving his bike.

1. What’s been te biggest change to the M1 this year?
“We have made many changes to the M1 compared to the 2007 version and we have improved it a lot; Valentino is satisfied with our work so far. Of course the biggest change for us has affected Valentino’s side only -the change of tyre manufacturer. After the switch we had a hard time learning how to get the best performance from the new tyres and of course we had no data. last however year Valentino predicted that changing would be the right for him and he was right, although of course we weren’t able to predict how differently the tyre would behave.”

2. Wat else have you changed on Valentino’s bike?
“We have had to work a lot on the chassis setting and we have also changed the geometry of the bike in order to get a good balance with the tyre character. since we moved from 990cc to 800cc higher corner speed is needed in order to get faster lap times and to win. Therefor we have tried many different chassis settings in order to find the best of bike geometry, centre of gravity, rider position, wheel-base length, chassis stiffness and so on.”

Not quite just a case of putting on a set of Bridgestones to the 2007 bike then.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Try not to spit your woodpecker out at this one

"I still think that the M1 is best bike out there, although Casey has had a string of very impressive results."

Masao Furusawa - 2008

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Losing the plot in public..

Jesus..

So Rossi dictated to Yamaha that Checa should ride the 2003 M1 on his side of the Factory garage?..and he wasn't allowed to ride the newly designed 2004 bike?

You really are desperate aren't you?

I suppose Rossi running the show and calling all the shots was what gave him the clout to turn Stoner down as a team mate for 2007 as well?

Any evidence to back up your wild fanboy claims & conspiracy theories? A simple link will suffice.

And what the hell has going off on a tangent about the 2008 bike got to do with anything?

Own up to being a complete twat now and we'll let it slide..otherwise buckle up for the roughest ride of your virtual life Buddy.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hmmm

The only thing you know about rough rides Wosi is telling the local bike mid-stroke whilst back-scuttling her that you can't pay up and then hanging on for dear life.

Anyway back to 2004. Now before you choke on any more woodpecker, I was just having a little josh and a pull of Wosi's ball strings. The reason Checa was nowhere was because he wasn't good enough. Neither was Edwards after him. Rossi was a far better rider than they were and able to use the full potential of the bike that Fusi gave them. They weren't. I've never said (just for you) he never had talent did I. I may not like his character but that doesn't mean I don't recognise that he's just a little bit fookin quick, does it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices