You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Don't know

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Don't know

why you lot keep having a go at people who happen to have a liberal point of view on life. Read some different newspapers or, here's a thought, stop reading newspapers and try a book or two!
Gays are gay, if it scares you, don't go near them, they'd probably stay the fuck away from you if they happened to read most of the stuff on here anyway. Foreigners are different people with beliefs and cultures that are alien to yours but just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's wrong, most people just want to live their lives and die. If you want to read the Daily Panic type newspapers and believe the bullshit they feed to you then more fool you, as some clever fuckwit on here has already pointed out, don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see, probably the only wise thing he ever said but he probably read it somewhere else.
All people on this planet are human beings, try to think about that, it ain't that difficult. If they have different beliefs than you then so fuckin what? If they try to kill you then that's a different matter. How many of you have had someone try to kill you? I know there are a few ex armed forces people on here so that last question is directed more at the armchair warriors than at the ex military. Respect and thanx where it's due.
If you want to blame someone for how fucked up this country is then blame the general population for electing the government but don't forget to blame yourself too, you are a part of the electorate, do something that will change things if you feel so strongly about any issues you have instead of moaning on forums about people who disagree with you.

Rant done. Feel free.

Peace dudes and dudettes!!!:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 00:27)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Sense of balance.

Fair point Vulcan, but I don't see you making the same point when certain others post inflammatory threads.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I agree with Rog and the pikey

just ignore and don't fan the flames :wink:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

vulcanrider:

Fair point, mate, so please allow me to answer.

"Why try to provoke those you feel are homophobic?", you ask.   I ask because if one person hates an entire group of people, and does their best to drum up hatred towards them,  it's only fair to ask why they do so.

Discrimination should matter to everyone - whether they're the target of it, benefit from it, or even if it has no effect on them at all personally.   It matters because an injustice is taking place whenever bigotry or discrimination takes place.  An unjust society is not a good place to live.

We're not talking about an off-colour joke here.  We're talking about the sort of hate that can - and does - lead to misery and death.  The idle acceptance (that you appear to promote) of this hate will encourage it.   Your finger-wagging at people who object to this bigotry and hate adds to it too.

It makes people consider this hatred acceptable, even approved in some parts.   Was that your intention?

My intention is to call out the hate-mongers, and expose the vacuous nature of their bone-headed prejudice,  to show how weak, illogical and imagined their fears are.   That is, if they aren't covering for their own terror at having a gay tendency themselves - which appears to be the case the majority of the time.

Look up "homophobia latent homosexuality" and you'll come across No end of links like this.

Once people realise their gay-bashing talk says more about THEM than gays, maybe they'll shut and up sit down a bit,  which would be a good thing all round.   In the meantime, I'll continue to question homophobes rather than silently listen to their hate-talk.

Does this make sense?

-----
Edit note:  Corrected an ambiguity

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Homophobia is very close to my heart

as my daughters closest friend is a lesbian. She is now 24 and she has been a target for cruel jibes as long as I have known her.

Thankfully she has a very close family and strong circle of friends,

She can't fight back to these people or else she'd be angry pretty much 24/7.

She is a considerate member of the human race, who pays her tax and doesn't show affection to her partner in public due to fear of reprisals.

If we ignore all what is sprouted about homosexuals then we are effectively agreeing to what is written, especially coming from a group of people who have been ostracised due to ahobby we all enjoy, I know I have been.  Imagine that scenario on a day to day basis? At least we are able to ut the bike away and change our clothes.

And just to add my views even further on a similar subject, I know a transsexual (male to female) and I wouldn't want to go through what she has been through it has been purgatory.

She had no choice about it she knew she was wired wrong as she so eloquently puts it.Just trying to get accepted into employment is pretty much impossible, although she does have a job.  What Job?? The same job she had when she was a man, she tests MOT testers.

She went to work one day and said I'm sorry but I can't live like this anymore, tomorrow I will be dressed appropriately for the job but it will be in a female uniform.

She transformed completely and although accepted now with her colleagues it took many years for the damaging remarks to dry up.

So when all these remarks are flying about behind keyboards, there maybe some of us typing our comments etc who are homosexual/black/indian or whatever minority group, and as we don't know each other personally we could of offended a potentially good poster

The thing is what purpose does it serve by doing it? Does it make you look rufty tufty or make you feel more masculine because it doesn't. If anything it does the opposite.

Like I said some do protest too much

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Moderators

simple question really. where are they?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

A mod you say

about time they came out of the closet :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Babyblade

'Like I said some do protest too much'

Perfectly illustrated this week by Cardinal O'Brien's resignation.

Here is the head of the Catholic Church in the UK who for years has been an outspoken critic of homosexuality (so much so that he was named 'bigot of the year' by the gay rights charity 'Stonewall' last year) now admitting to 'improper sexual conduct' with several priests!  :winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

vulc

I agree ...but at the end of the day no-one is forced into the priesthood. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

True

but some are forced "into" by priests it seems :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

vulcanrider:

First, thank you for the considered reply, and it was not my intention to annoy you.  At least, no more than I was annoyed at being called out for "provoking" the gay-bashers around here.

You have said in the past that you've spent time with differently orientated people, and just to clear it up, it's always been pretty obvious to me that you're no bigot.  But it did seem that you might be providing some cover for those that are.

There's a significant minority on here who'll take every opportunity to show real hatred towards gays, to the point they've had "queer bashing" as one of their profile interests.   People won't put crap like that down in public unless they feel they can get away with it.

While I can see what you're saying about having another row on this forum, of which there have certainly been enough already, there is another side to it.

Take a glance through here on any given day and besides all the personal bitching and back-biting, there's an undercurrent of foreigner-bashing in general, and Muslim and gay bashing in particular.  (Which is odd, because Muslims hate gays and can be just as bigoted as the best of them.)

Sexism, racism and homophobia aren't exactly nice traits in a group.  That's what we have a lot of here.  I've got quite a few PMs from people saying, here are their contact details, but they're not posting anymore - it's just too nasty here.   

It's not nasty because people have been objecting to homophobic/ bigoted posts.  In fact, I think we should make a point of questioning ever more, why someone feels the need to express such bigotry.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices