Skip to content

Discuss This Bike Chooser: Sporty bargain for a new rider General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike Chooser: Sporty bargain for a new rider

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Bike Chooser: Sporty bargain for a new rider

"I passed my test just before the new law came in and I want to buy a 600cc sports bike. I was hoping for something around year 2000 and not spending anymore than £1600-1800 on it." KevyL, MCN forums The one to buy: Suzuki SV650S, £1100-£4695 The SV650 is the kind of bike you can learn to ride on but still enjoy for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 10:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snapple

Apr 11

snapple says:

Nostalgia

I'm sure many of us have fond memories of these bikes, I had a CBR600F as my first "big" bike and then a gsxr600 Telefonica soon after as I found the CBR a bit bland.... I ride a ducati now and have always wondered what the SV's are like as I've only ever heard good things about them, they definately look better fully faired!! If I could afford to run two bikes I reckon I'd get another GSXR :-) fun, quick and forgiving.... and would be great on the track I'm sure!

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

The sv is a great bike, had one for three years. Still have it as second bike. Covered 15,000 miles doing everything from commuting, fast road riding, light touring and even a few track days. Never had any serious problems. Changed for a zx6r 636 this year as I wanted more power for track and move into advanced group. The sv was a giant killer on track, on every trackday I done there was always one or two 600 or even 1000cc sport bikes that I used to be able to pass.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices