Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner DNFs in V8 debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

Casey Stoner's V8 debut came to an abrupt halt after a punctured tyre saw him retire from the first race while in 13th place. He got off to a good start, impressing by qualifying 12th around the Adelaide street circuit, then moving up to 10th by the first five laps. However, he then dropped back to 13th, losing time through the slower...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 12:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Wosi, the eternal optimist

Ah yes, Stoner fucked up on Sundays, eh?

You see, little one, that the record books will forever show that in the years they went head-to-head, Stoner gained 69 podiums to Rossi's 61 and 38 wins to Rossi's 26.  Stoner got 1815 points to Rossi's 1702.

Let's go there on riding a Ducati: Stoner 42 podiums, Rossi 3. Stoner 23 wins, Rossi nil. Stoner 1 WC, Rossi 0.08, or was it 0.07?  I do tend to forget the figures for the lower mid-pack riders.

But hey, that's just the facts.  Rossi had his good times, when the competition was about at the level of the East Cheam Amateur Dramatic Society - where I believe Rossi gained his post-race celebration skills. Hell, if he'd retired after '06, he would 'for sure' be a premier-class legend, rather than a smelly stain on Ducati's carpet, not even rating a photo in the Bologna hall of motoGp winners alongside Stoner, Capirossi and Bayliss. Hell, Vermuelen on a Suzuki won more motoGp races than Rossi on a Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Look boys..

..who are you trying to convince, yourselves?

..he was a decent rider, despite being a charmless little prick, but all your facts and figures count for Jack in my eyes, because he came up short when it mattered too many times.

Good when things went great for him. Fragile when they didn't. Too weak in the head. Not really hero material.

End of discussion..It's not open for debate.

Reply to this Topic
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

Thats in your opinion only. Wosi. Stoner passed 17 cars to finish 13th in the second race.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Ah, the eyes of the beerholder

Well, of course it's not open to discussion for you, Wosi me bucko, any more than that the world is flat - you used to know some blokes who have actually fallen off the edge, right?

But hey, brownie points for your eternal doggedness. I admire someone who is ever ready to fight the unwinnable fight, face the impossible foe.  Like the Black Night, even when you are nowt but a bleeding spot on the landscape with your limbs hacked off by the facts, you're up for a bit of groin chomping. You guys cheer for the underdog, so it's understandable you shout out for Italy's answer in motoGp to Eddie the Eagle, and I salute your sportsmanship.

As far as coming up short, though, you'd better avert your eyes from the facts of 2006 - 2012 for Rossi. All too hard to bear for you, really.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

assertions

stated as fact seem to be your only remaining stock in trade wosi.

I can quote one back at you, from someone considered a rossi fan by many, and for which there is much more evidence than for nearly anything you say about stoner. "Stoner was bringing a knife to a gunfight".

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Coming up short

There's only one guy in the years 2006 - 2012 that came up short.

Threw it down the road in Germany 'cause his teammate beat him in a fair fight.
Couldn't get it out of his head come Italy so finished 8th. Couldn't do his usual of blitzing them all in practice at Indy, so went too hard too soon, screwed up his ankle and his season.
Comes back with no pressure and wins a couple of races when it doesn't matter.
All the signs of a fragile psyche, and of course he quit to boot.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Whopee adam..erm..holden

..weren't you adam15honda a couple of weeks back?

Not a bad effort mate..but it was 14th.

Always up for a bit of exaggerating you lot and that's half the problem. You reckon Stoner is the best rider to grace a race track. Well, I and many others don't.

You Aussies can be an insular bunch stuck out there in the boonies. I wouldn't be surprised if you start talking about the V8 series as a World Championship if Casey does a bit of good?

Like when he was a bike racer, and as ol farnarkle has alluded to..check out 2006-2012 when your boy has dominated proceedings he says..Look away wosi it'll have you in pieces, right?

I'll say it one more time, knowing it's wasted..

7 seasons and Stoner finished below ALL his main rivals in the standings..more often than he finished above them.

That's dominating nothing more than your imagination.

I know you live in upside-down-land chaps..but try and show a bit of perspective, please?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

matched, dogbert, by rossi

throwing the bike down the road in the last race of 2006, and breaking his leg in a practice crash in 2010, the first fairly definitely, the second imo quite likely, costing him championships.

That's racing, no-one, even the very best is immune to such things, the difference is the interpretation put on them by those of your ilk ie arguing white is black if stoner is involved, and black is white if rossi is involved.

The really amusing thing is seeing the vitriolic hatred of ducati in general (and poor old presiozi in particular) all over the internet for apparently letting valentino down, often  by the same people who claim sometimes simultaneously that ducati gave stoner a massive bike advantage and that any problems stoner might have had at ducati were due to poor racecraft and/or poor development by him.

You can try to have it both ways all you like, but the facts are that stoner got it together on sundays (and the occasional saturday at assen and monday at qatar) more than anyone else during his premier class career, 23 of those 38 wins on a ducati, the equipe apparently so culpable for valentino's last 2 years. And since stoner is only capable of riding bikes developed by other people, and dani is riding an invincible bike he developed with the help of massive expenditure by honda (in wosiworld anyway) it seems strange that even dani in the sepang testing for this year is half a second off stoner's times on the 2012 honda. I won't even bother to go into how far valentino, on a yamaha, the bike which you may recall won the championship last year, was from stoner's times.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Who cares about Stoners time from the test last year DF, apart from your predictably dull old self?

It didn't get translated to anything meaningful, did it? It was a waste of a cocky over confident grin.

Stoner was a one lap wonder and despite the 38 wins - 20 of which came in the Two seasons he DID dominate due to bike & tyre advantage - he only won the title the same amount of times as Val and Jorge.

He didn't convert those wins to the big prize because they came too late in a season to make the difference. Stoner operated best without pressure. Time after time he scuppered his chances of contention through ill judged tactics brought on by a dodgy philosophy, not using his grey matter and pressure causing him to crash.

That's the difference Pal..he lost the plot to often to be considered a great racer. Fat as fk yes..but NOT a great racer. Too many demons bouncing off the inside of his empty headed skull. Can you not see that with 38 wins, he should & could have secured more titles?

Unless you want it both ways of course.

Nice lad but thick as fk.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

The record is on record, Wosi

Stoner: 2 WC's, 69 podiums, 38 wins, 1815 points.

Rossi: 2 WC's, 61 podiums, 26 wins, 1712 points.

For sure, Rossi was the best of what's left after Stoner had carved the cake.  First loser.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices