Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner DNFs in V8 debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

Casey Stoner's V8 debut came to an abrupt halt after a punctured tyre saw him retire from the first race while in 13th place. He got off to a good start, impressing by qualifying 12th around the Adelaide street circuit, then moving up to 10th by the first five laps. However, he then dropped back to 13th, losing time through the slower...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 12:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi..

..isn't he the same man who offered Stoner the biggest ever Honda contract to stay another year? - that to me illustrates the esteem to which he was held and the faith the factory had in him. This of course is in stark contrast to Rossi having to ignominiously scamper back to Yamaha with his tail between his legs, taking a huge pay cut in the process. All in the ego driven hope of still "having it"..

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Why are we talking about Stoner?

After all - he is no longer a competitor in MotoGP.

Then again .... we all talked about Rossi the last couple of years, so I suppose the precedence was there.

(Boom boom!)

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes wosi

you cling to nakomoto's comment, which has some validity, but conveniently ignore statements by a large number of paddock luminaries including jb and valentino about stoner and ducati because it doesn't suit your narrative. Most telling was the comment by presiozi, the designer of the supposedly invincible beast, about the 2007 championship being down to stoner, which would seem particularly unlikely to be self serving.

Stoner had the equipment to have a shot at the 2012 championship, despite dorna's machinations, and his early season retirement announcement would suggest he was less than fully focused. Nevertheless his championship bid eventually foundered on misfortune, a significant injury from a practice crash, which can happen to anyone, even valentino. I personally think lorenzo would probably have won anyway, but salient in nakomoto's pronouncements was the absence of any statement that pedrosa, the guy who beat stoner so massively according to you in 2012, should have won the championship.

Bottom line as I have said previously is that stoner rode 2 seasons equivalent to rossi's and doohan's best. All credit to doohan and particularly rossi for  putting together several more such seasons, but this does not mean the 2007 and 2011 seasons did not happen.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

acanada your full of shit

The ducati has always been a dog...no matter what u think the results speak not the shite you drivel out....stoner hammered rossi many times while riding the duke for 4 years you snivelling little yellow cock lover....stoners win rate dropped after the first year at ducati....BUT HE STILL WON....YEAH STILL WON...that means getting on the ducati and coming 1st 23 times...and putting it on the podium 40 odd times in a 4 year period, while all this time yellow cock was riding round on by far the best bike (as u like to think stoner did in 2007).........oh look role reversal....rossi does jack shit stoner continues to win lots of races and podiums......no contest u idiot

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wait acanada

Don't tell me......the ducati was the best bike till the day stoner got off it........then sunday night they drove to bologna, made another bike out of salami and feta cheese.baked it for 3 hrs and then took it back to valencia monday morning for rossi to test...and only since then has it been a terrible bike

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

farnacle

That's fukin hilarious...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

ner ner nee er ner..

Ooh ooh what about Rossi..?

You're so predictably lightweight in your debating technique CHR..I bet you used to get slapped in the playground all the time?

And this is exactly what I'm talking about.

When faced with heavyweight comments with regard to Stoners state of mind and how it affected him - like it has done before and had a lot to do with him announcing he was jacking at just 26 - you can't face up to it and try and turn the tables taking stupid potshots you think have some bearing, but in fact are figments of your fked up abilty to seperate reality from fanboy dream state.

Read the whole interview via the link..it is obvious Nakamoto thought a lot of Stoners ability and even his personality. I haven't tried to hide that and am not debating those issues, nor have I got a problem with his views..

But given that he holds Casey in such high esteem lends even more credence to what he says about his fragile state of mind derailing his championship asperations last year. He thinks it could and should have been avoided and goes on to say..

Casey is a rider I really love. I couldn’t imagine anything better than racing with him. Sure, I wouldn’t say his personality is completely mature yet..

Precied..Nakamoto thinks Stoner had a dicky fit and lost his cool. It lingered in his mind far too long. He wasn't man enough to put it to one side and this was possibly responsible for the silly QP off that terminated his season.

Don't forget he put HIMSELF in that position.

After Italy he was 37 pts behind Lorenzo with 8 races left.

If Jorge had finished 2nd at every remaining round from that point onwards and Stoner had won them all..Casey would have nicked the title from Jorge at Valencia by just 3pts.

That is big pressure my friends remembering he was retiring and wanted to go out as champ, successfully defending his title. 

Stoner only managed 1 finish out of the required 8 before he cracked and wrote HIMSELF off.

Stoner blobbed it fangirls. He couldn't handle the pressure he'd stupidly initiated and failed..everybody knows it. Even you deep down, which is why you're all so hurt and disappointed, acting like spoilt kids, stamping your feet with a strop on.

Just like Casey funnily enough..

Hahaha..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Rainmaker

''isn't he the same man who offered Stoner the biggest ever Honda contract to stay another year? '' 

Same thing could be said about Audi's similar attempt to retain Rossi . They must have had enormous faith in him despite the disastrous two seasons.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Simon

'farnacle That's fukin hilarious...''

No it fukin isn't....

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

I loved to watch stoner ride

And loved watching the bike bucking underneath him while he was 2 wheel sliding it........but mentally rossi had the advantage, there's no doubt about that......I think they both got under each others skin.......but rossi is the master of mind games, always has been

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices