Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner DNFs in V8 debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

Casey Stoner's V8 debut came to an abrupt halt after a punctured tyre saw him retire from the first race while in 13th place. He got off to a good start, impressing by qualifying 12th around the Adelaide street circuit, then moving up to 10th by the first five laps. However, he then dropped back to 13th, losing time through the slower...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 12:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Having it both ways

and exactly how is it that stoner failed  by winning 2 titles and 38 races despite only being on a factory honda for 2 seasons, whilst rossi succeeded by winning 2 titles and less races in the same period during which he was on a factory yamaha for 5 seasons?.

The pre-season testing is all we have to go on so far in 2013, and your response was entirely predictable. Perhaps you are insufficiently incisive  to divine that the part of my post concerning the sepang test times was directed at your frequent contention that stoner develops bikes backwards in any case.

This thread makes it even more clear that bereft of arguments in any way cogent that you are reduced to unsupported assertions and your old staple, argumentum ad hominem. I am quite content to let the new season progress, it is you who for whatever reason can't let an opportunity to criticise stoner pass, admittedly in a thread possibly instigated by mcn with this in mind

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Now who has very few valid arguments against wosi and is recycling old fanboy folklore, while avoiding the coming up short debate?

Game, Set & Match..a right pair of lightweight's on the quiet arn'cha?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Is it me?..

..or does Vale look like a bit of a smackhead lately? Dark circles under his eyes, withered limbs and a grey pallor. Maybe he's just trying to ease the pain?...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yes..it is you.

I think in your early morning stupor, you're confusing the mirror with reality CHR.

..and DF. Head back to the start of the thread, read it from the bottom up..and then talk to me about instigation.

Your gymnastics are of Olympic standard indeed.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

your only argument wosi

is that stoner's wins and championships, and apparently those of no-one else, are down to bike advantage, despite as has frequently been pointed out to you him competing  for 4 of his 7 seasons in the premier class on a ducati,much closer in any respect to cagiva than they are to honda or yamaha, and in his rookie year for a new team sans sns michelins. Your argument that ducati gave stoner a massive advantage is that it just is so, and you are the one in the armchair ignoring what such people as carlo pernat, loris capirossi, nicky hayden, vito guareschi, sylvain guintoli,  jerry burgess, to say nothing of presiozi and valentino rossi themselves, have said, who just may be a little more informed than you, and the performance of capirossi, melandri and hayden on the same bikes at the same time. I can find the direct quote from carlo pernat again  if you like, where he said that he had erroneously attributed problems stoner had at ducati to him rather than the ducati bike.

I say again, 2 championships and 38 wins in the same period valentino rossi won 2 championships and 26 races is hardly domination, but neither is it coming up short unless he actually is better than valentino rossi which I have never contended. 

Declaring yourself the winner of a debate doesn't wash either, though I wouldn't put it past dorna to eventually decide the gp champion by a similar declaration rather than performance.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

No, he's definitely been chasing the dragon..

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/valentino-rossi/images/33540616/title/sepang-test-2013-photo

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

2006 & 2012

He made a mistake in the last race of the 2006 season, a season in which the bike was plagued by problems. But a mistake it was, as I'm sure most of us magnanimous Rossi fans would acknowledge.

Last season's Germany, Italy, and Indy blunders never seem to be acknowledged though. Why is that?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The enigma which is Stoner

can be compared to a rocket - meteoric rise - reaches dizzy heights - explodes in mid-air - falls to earth in a shower of sparks !

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

So he's stoned...

...and yet he's still in touch at the first two tests, after two years on a barge. Fack he's good.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Oh dear DF..

..we are sounding hurt and flustered.

I don't know where you were 2007 & 2011, but I bet it wasn't anywhere near a TV or racetrack. Once Stoner lost the tyre advantage, the results speak for themselves.

Pernat is a washed up old hanger on selling his blog to anyone who will pay and listen.

Capirossi was like wise in 2007..he didn't want to race but be at home with his wife and first new born. Add that to the pressures of the Italian inland revenue spotting him in their crosshairs and, admittedly, a precocious young talented team mate upstaging him and you have a recipe that knocked him for a six, from which he never recovered.

2007, 5 out of the top 7 ran Bridgestone, including 2 Suzuki's and a satellite Honda ridden by Melandri. Says it all. It's why the control tyre came in.

Hayden was only 20 pts further adrift from Stoner at year end 2010 than Rossi this last season gone and improved once he was allowed to run his own set up. Stoner mullered him by all account yet Rossi could barely beat him.

Face the music Pal, you're all at sea..You start it and wosi will finish it every time. You should know that by now?

Let it/him go or fk off to a V8 forum.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle