Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner DNFs in V8 debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

Casey Stoner's V8 debut came to an abrupt halt after a punctured tyre saw him retire from the first race while in 13th place. He got off to a good start, impressing by qualifying 12th around the Adelaide street circuit, then moving up to 10th by the first five laps. However, he then dropped back to 13th, losing time through the slower...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 12:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Mallory Park

last night's meeting was cancelled and Mallory owners have stated that the circuit is not for sale.  James Whitham tweeted yesterday that he get's annoyed with people who move near the circuit and then campaign for a reduction in noise.  Problem seems to arise from retired people moving to the village and complaining to the council about the noise. As Whitham said if you move near a racing circuit you should expect to hear racing engines.  Same thing happens at Brands Hatch.  It's like the people who retire to the country and complain they can hear cows lowing and cockerels crowing at 4 a.m.   If you dont want to hear that   dont move there !

ow01fogno1   Foggy is a legend - I was at Brands in 1995 when 120,000 people descended on the circuit to see him do the double !  The atmosphere was unbelivable.  The only place I've been that matched that atmosphere is the Isle of Man TT.    That same year when 120,000 went to Brands for WSB a mere 30,000 turned up at Donington for MotoGP.  WSB gives you 2 races against 1 in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

saturn

Agreed bud. If you don't like it then don't go there. Only 9%(approx) of this green and pleasant land is built upon so go build where no-one lives i reckon.

That aside, i was at Brands too that day, sitting at the entrance to Surtees with the big screen behind us.............awesome day!

Another 'awesome' day for me at Brands was the first Day of Champions in 1990. I raced in the novice race in front of a reported 100,000 fans(?). Fookin' shat myself on the grid lol!!!!!!!!........................but 'placed' so i was a very happy chappy :) 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pacey

Re: Brands 1990 ....... I can imagine how you felt on the grid .... how far did your racing career go ?

I have to say Brands is my favourite UK circuit especially the long track ...... although the  best viewing is round the short track 'stadium' section. I've watched from every corner over the years and was even at the meeting which was run anti-clockwise ..... weird to see them them going up-hill into paddock and wrong way down the straight.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices