Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner DNFs in V8 debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

Casey Stoner's V8 debut came to an abrupt halt after a punctured tyre saw him retire from the first race while in 13th place. He got off to a good start, impressing by qualifying 12th around the Adelaide street circuit, then moving up to 10th by the first five laps. However, he then dropped back to 13th, losing time through the slower...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 12:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

acanada

I am rendered speechless by your coruscating wit. Sheer brilliance carrying the fishing metaphor through a whole sentence, almost as impressive as you managing a whole sentence in the first place.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

not bad in the second race

Can't say I'm about to sign up for the V8 supercars satellite tv channel anytime soon though.

For all the zombies out there droning on with their all hail the 9-time world champion chants, here is a list of all the second place finishers in the first 7 of those championships. Other than Biaggi, none of them won a championship in any class, and Biaggis 4 championships were all in the 250cc class and the only reason anyone sticks around to win 4 championships in 250cc is because they know they are not going to make the step up in motogp. Dreadful absence of competition, and the main reason the stats don't tell the full story. Rossi is overated as his two fruitless years on the ducati have just demonstrated. But I can see why the reality tv generation laps it up.

2005 - Melandri

2004 - Gibernau

2004- Gibernau

2002 - Biaggi

2001 - Biaggi

1999 - Ukawa

1997 - Ueda

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

What happened ?

Did he storm back to the pits and throw his toys outta the pram as usual ?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

v8 supercar racing

I agree, I wouldn't watch it at gunpoint.

It cuts both ways with rossi though. He deserves full credit for all his championships, he beat everyone who turned up to race him and could do no more than that, and probably mostly had a fair amount in reserve in his early career as the PI yellow flag thing showed. The last 2 championships were against pedrosa, lorenzo, stoner et al anyway, after a length ot time at the top of premier class racing which few have managed, and those guys may have been inspired by him and aspired to his standards to some extent anyway.

It is the decrying of the legitimate championships of other riders which I object to, and him having won so many championships would by any logical argument make the championships won against him worth more rather than less I would have thought.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

No Trumpton3 he came 14th after starting at the back of a 30 car grid so he did'nt do to bad.

Good point weskit I always thought Rossi was over hyped, the best bike the best parts the best tyres never had a decent team mate untill Jorge came along then he threw his toys out of the pram and went to Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Waste of research weskit

those stats are meaningless - if you apply the same ill conceived logic to multi-champion Mick Doohan then he also lacked credible competition   . Not so - you can only beat the opposition that's competing at the same time and those you quote were among the best of their day, whether they were better or worse than current riders is something we'll never know.    You can research figures to support any argument you care to make which in your case was to debunk the legend which is Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

What is it about the inline Triple......

configuration that inspires such idiocity, Trumpton, TriumphTriple there is another I can't remember. Does the whistling exhaust note cause certain parts of the brain associated with reasoning and complex problem solving to shutdown? Have the tavistock institute through Triumph perfected a mechanical method of creating the perfect gormless consumer willing to believe anything he hears from media "experts". I was considering buying a 675 to race next year having second thoughts now.  

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Saturn

No doubt you are a triumph man, most likely a Tiger in full GS Boorman Replica splendor.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

quite right saturn

That's why...u can compare stoner to rossi...on track at the same time and from 2007 to 2012 when both were in factory teams....stoner comes out on top.....but title wise it's a draw

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

oh dear stonerisgod

I feel your pain.....get a help line number if ya dads been bumming you again

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle