Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner DNFs in V8 debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Stoner DNFs in V8 debut

Casey Stoner's V8 debut came to an abrupt halt after a punctured tyre saw him retire from the first race while in 13th place. He got off to a good start, impressing by qualifying 12th around the Adelaide street circuit, then moving up to 10th by the first five laps. However, he then dropped back to 13th, losing time through the slower...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 12:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Simon

In everyone's life there comes a time of trouble and adversity. How one deals with it is a measure of the character of the man.  In the case of two high profile characters in the last few years - both have faced set-backs and adversity.       One had the strength to fight on - the other did not and ran away.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Damaged psyche

You pick Mugello as an example of the 'damage' to his psyche and totally ignore the next race which he dominated. Why is that I wonder. Amateur psychiatry gone wrong?

He crashes in Germany and the next race he finished 8th. You're saying there's nothing to that? He won the race after yes, then launched himself off after that. Of course it's all completely random, and Nakamoto would be oblivious to his state of mind too.

Kind of like 2008 after Laguna, where he was not a happy bunny, crash, crash, 4th. Completely random though. His head wasn't affected at all.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Tripi

In the case of two high profile characters in the last few years - both have faced set-backs and adversity.       One had the strength to fight on - the other did not and ran away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite right bud. One had the strength to fight for 4 seasons at Ducati, the other ran away after 2.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

paceycasey

Casey stayed at ducati for 4 years because he wasn't offered a factory honda or yamaha, rossi left because this is probably the last season he has any chance of the title.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

acanada

rossi left because this is probably the last season he has any chance of the title.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the season you're referring to has long gone bud.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

any chance

only chance is because casey left the series!!!! he always got to rossi. but it is a big chance because cal marquez and jorge and dani aint gonna let him run away with now are they!!!!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

tripout

If you seriously think that riding round in circles on a bike is a test of adversity and trouble, being paid millions of pounds to do it as well....god help if they have some real shit in their lives....get a grip man and stop preaching bollox

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Dogbert

If his head was fried, how did he put together such a dominant display in the LS race? You can't explain it can you, simply because no-one really knows the state of mind of another person - especially one they've never met. You also choose to ignore the other half a dozen (or more?) riders that crashed at Indy at the same corner. Was that due to pressure as well, or just being caught out by a bad track surface.

After LS 2008 he had to recover points which meant winning races - which is what he tries to do anyway. It's not inconceivable that he just lost the front pushing too hard on a bike that was unforgiving at best. Fact is again, you can't say because you don't know.

It just suits your purpose to say he crumbled under pressure.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Evidence dear Bulto

Sure I can explain Laguna 2012. He found a decent setting early on, a good one for the race and he won. I'm saying pressure gets to him, I'm not saying he starts dribbling from his mouth while rocking in a corner. I've no evidence for that. The following race at Indy he was nearly a second off Dani after first practice, and as a result pushing too hard, crashes.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

You can't just say he had a decent set up for the race, therefore he won. It's subjective for a start. I can't remember actual figures but if I recall correctly, he was not at the front in Laguna in any practise session and Lorenzo pipped him to pole.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices