You are in... Forums > General > General > How do you

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

How do you

help a friend who won't let you ? our friend Carla hasn't been paid properly (again) at the Heartbreak she's due some holiday from Monday and planned to drive to Madrid to see her family but can't afford it. On Tuesday night Nina tried to lend her some money but she refused to accept, I don't know if it was pride or the fact she won't come back, I think the latter. The girl has strong morals I know for a fact, she's one of the most decent people I've met. We're going there tonight for a drink as we know she's working from 17:00 I have a feeling it'll be her last shift, she's had enough of being seen off. Poor girl is miles from her family and feeling it, I'm going to try to give her some money for fuel to drive home, if she accepts I know it's unlikely she'll be back, it's heart breaking to see these lads and lasses being ripped off and STILL giving good service. The past two years have been a learning curve with the Spanish and other nationalities we've encountered working at the Heartbreak, it still amazes me how decent they are after my own preconceptions were totally wrong when we first got here. Now we find that Joanna may move to Germany with her husband for work, I'm hoping against hope that the place will pick up soon, there's a meeting between the owner and his landlord on the 20th to sort the mess out and hopefully he'll be booted out and someone decent will take it on, this twat has robbed the staff and the place, he's taken two Guns N Roses signed guitars for himself plus other stuff from the bar to decorate his new bar, how the hell he expects t open another bar when he owes 600,000 euros on this one I don't know.

Bad day today, no ride cos the weather's crap and may say goodbye to a dear friend.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 12:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Helping a friend

Vulcan, the next time she serves you and brings the bill leave a HUGE tip.  If she is not being paid then I can understand her not wanting to borrow money as that could make her situation even worse.  Spain's economy is in a right mess :-(

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Gift

The only thing you can do, is to give her a gift, and make sure she knows it is not a loan.  Give her an envelope with a card, (maybe wishing her a nice trip to Madrid) with some euros in it.

It is crap here, how people work for months on end, in order to keep their jobs, without any payment.
Thank goodness I still have my work in the UK.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

That's what we'll try tonight

We'll be very sad to see her go but we do understand that she's miles from her family and on her own. To her Madrid is a long way away, to me the distance is nothing having done those kind of distances every weekend while posted away in the RAF but to someone so young it's a lonely life, the Spanish still are very family orientated with pretty strong morals.

Marcus, your right of course but the fly in the ointment is the arsehole running the Heartbreak, he sacked Barbara (market day 05) for complaining about her pay, I thought she'd walked but he sacked her the c**t he's a selfish twat, his deceased business partner Jens was the driving force behind the place but then he died and this twat has run it down to the ground over the past two years.

Edit: if we leave a huge tip she'll bring it back, she does that if we leave 10 euros :wacko: plus all tips are shared. Very difficult and gut wrenching to see this happening to them.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Your just

goin to have buy the place Rog,it's the only solution,think it could be a pretty big bank loan though at your time in life?.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Lottery win kcmc !

no way would I go into debt for it, the huge debt he has run up is likely to be reneged on then passed to the next  licence holder there. Hopefully Carla will stay but I have my doubts, she's a damn good girl, lots of fun but she's lost her smile the past few weeks. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Happier ish

we've had a chat with Carla tonight, she's decided not to go home on Monday but to stick it out and realises that walking away from the job will not get her what's owed to her. She's smiling a lot more tonight, not quite her old self but we have had a few laughs with her Christ it's like worrying over my kids again but she's worth the effort, she gave Nina a little prezzy but in her words "Rojere it's for girls sorry" her mum makes jewellery. Funny old world isn't it ? here's me cynical as hell about the human race and a skinny little Spanish girl nicks my heart without even trying. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle