Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies confident shoulder will be 100% for Qatar opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies confident shoulder will be 100% for Qatar opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies confident shoulder will be 100% for Qatar opener

Ignite Pramac Ducati rider Ben Spies is confident his recovering right shoulder will have regained 100% strength in time for the first race in Qatar next month after another physically and mentally demanding three-day test in Sepang. Spies is still unable to ride with maximum strength while he continues the long recovery from serious damage his right shoulder sustained in a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 14:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

He may not be top draw....

But who else could take his place? He must obviously bring in money and as this series is for financial gains rather than a freebie laid on for everyone to pick faults and slag everything/everyone/each other off........

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Dogwosibert

According to nostro and friends we should cut this guy some slack, but yet another rider who had a much worse shoulder injury and a broken leg, was afforded no such luxuries.

Spies didn't breeze into Ducati as the second coming, demeaning their previous No1 as not pushing hard enough, and claiming (with the help of his sidekick) to turn their fortunes around with a couple of tweeks...

....big difference

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

And maybe

A big difference in their results......?!

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Eh vtwinbultonostropaceyprincessetalmark :-)

But Spies has "breezed in" saying a lot, about how the bike's not that bad, just needs to be ridden hard, just need to twist the throttle, just needs tossed about, etc, yet he's three seconds off the pace and we're to cut him some slack? Maybe if he wasn't so abject last year the "slack" would be more forthcoming.

Oh, very clever putting wosi in the middle of my moniker. Touché to you sir. Take a bow.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

crt

heading that way unlike cal. hero to zero, its happened to many great riders,i thought he would have finished hayden off being fastest yank but again fate turns its head. dovi will go the same way,ducati ruins riders,lucky rossi has his record or he would have been going the same way, funny tho one guy survived all of this ducati mayhem with a championship.... guesses who?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am hoping that shoulder has fully recovered in time for the season opener. Can Spies tame the Desmo when he returns to full fitness time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

WHAT???

Twist the throttle harder! ride the bike harder! You're talking like is that easy to ride the bike at high speed on the side of your tires. YOu think rossi, hayden and some others who had try to ride it didn't try that? Come on! The bike that stoner rode to win the championship is different the one rossi and hayden are using now. As i recall even stoner is struggling to put the bike on the top step. But of course he manage to bag a coupple of win on his last year with the ducati. I think because he knows the ins and outs of the bike better than other. My point is all the things that your thinking that they should do to be competative. I'm 100% sure they already done it. Because they are the pro's and you're only a spectator who thinks that knows better. 

Reply to this Topic
CaseyIsGONE

Feb 13

CaseyIsGONE says:

YamahaGYTR

LMFAOOOO who the fuck are you kiddin' wake the fuck up u dumb piece of shit...spies couldn't ride the yamaha m1, the easiest most complete bike to ride, and u think he has a chance in taming a satellite ducati. You must be deeply in love with this guy, blinded to see reality....

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nobody deserves the duke, not even Casey..:-) But still hope they fix it. I suspect Audi will be less sentimental about a design that wasn't even theirs( or ducatis)to begin with.. Honda and Yamaha build a motogp bike then the tech trickles down. Ducati build a road bike usually twice the price of everyone else and then jump from the roof tops when it's as quick as the cheap competition and the technology trickles up.. after a fashion.. Come on ducati motogp needs you to pull your finger out.. ps the pathetic marketing bullshit from ducati does them no favours at all.. A good old doze of german attitude, should go well with the italian two fucks my way approach.. Ducati will run their usual championship within a championship this year (which Rossi won with ease last year despite being a test mule all year) who'll win is anybodys guess but spies has no chance whilst he's injured so needs time.. All four riders should get the new frame/weight distribution when it's ready according to ducati, can't wait to see what happens..

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

No Chance

Everybody have a chance to do good on ducati. The only question is when? As far as i remember everybody is on board the Cal will turn that ducati to a winning bike like he was already winning races riding the M1 when he was in negotiation to ride for factory ducati. Thenwhen he was turn down all of a sudden nobody has a channce. Casey Is gone... I think you just don't like spies for some reason. As far as i know spies put that bike on pole, front row, podiums and win. So to think that he can't ride the M1? i think that is an absolute delusion or you just hate him or simple you don't know what are you talking about.  He had a torrid season last year and i am not making excuses for him. Some might had been his fault and other are completely out of his hand. All in all everyone is left disappointed and frustrated even himself.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices