Skip to content

Discuss This Death crash policewoman resigns General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Death crash policewoman resigns

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Death crash policewoman resigns

A policewoman who caused a crash that killed a motorcyclist while talking on her phone has resigned. Collette Carpenter stepped down after the Crown Prosecution Services’ decision not to charge her was reported in the national press. Carpenter was talking on her phone when she pulled into the path of motorcyclist David Bartholomew, 54, an inquest heard. But the CPS...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 March 2013 16:17)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
greenhat

Jan 09

greenhat says:

Rogerborg?

........................idiot.............................

Reply to this Topic
Rotherider

Dec 12

Rotherider says:

How...?

I don't belive how they have come to this conclusion.  My thoughts are with Davids' family and friends at this sad time and this kick in the face is the last thing they need. 

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

All the facts...?

Before it is worth bringing a prosecution to court there has to be sufficient evidence to prove the charge "beyond all reasonable doubt" so if there is a very obvious and credible defence, there is simply no point.

It is not possible to make a reasoned judgement on the rights and wrongs of this story without possession of all the evidence and hell will freeze over before we see all the evidence reported in MCN.

Thankfully we don't yet have trial by tabloid in this country because if we did there would be a fair few bikers serving time for speeding... :rolleyes emoticon:

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

outright ban

Ban all hand held devices whilst driving. Automatic 6 points when caught no appeal, if you get banned its for 1 year no appeal, then you have to retake your test with points carried over for 2 years. Oh look no one using there phone any more. What would help if there were police actually about to stop these arse holes on there phones, Ipads. They have been using the speed trap van in Kent to take a picture of all vehicles to check for seat belts and phone use but I think they found it inconclusive.

Reply to this Topic
fivebyfive

Aug 06

fivebyfive says:

CPS Complaint

I now have a written reply from the Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutor for CPS Wessex to my complaint in which he sets out the CPS grounds for not prosecuting, or as we would say, letting the perpetrator evade justice at the expense of the victim. It is open to anyone to challenge the CPS in this way and I encourage you all to do so. I guess the CPS don't read these columns in any case. To complain, see http://www.cps.gov.uk/contact/feedback_and_complaints/

Reply to this Topic
justaname

Feb 13

justaname says:

resigned ? she should of been sacked. every idiot who uses a phone whilst driving will now copy this free advice of saying the phone was in my lap. my veiw is, if its an accident, then its an accident. but if, as the person in charge of said vehicle you are found to have contributed to said accident, you take full responsibility or the law makes you take responsibility.. obviously your attention is diverted from driving whilst you use a phone, whether its in your lap, your hand or hanging off the rear view mirror, this is fact, and using your phone whilst knowing this fact, makes you responsible FOR ANY ACCIDENT CAUSED BY YOUR NEGLIGENCE...

Reply to this Topic
fivebyfive

Aug 06

fivebyfive says:

CPS called to account

DORSET'S Police and Crime Commissioner Marytn Underhill is to meet the CPS to ask why special constable Collette Carpenter can't be prosecuted over the crash which killed David Bartholomew. see http://m.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10266758.Police_commissioner_requests_meeting_over_fatal_accident_special_constable/ oh, and by the way, re rfl3 comment earlier: Carpenter lied on several occasions, which seems to be OK by the CPS

Reply to this Topic
CADS5

Jul 03

CADS5 says:

CPS

If you talk to most Police Officers they will tell you that  CPS is an ACHRONYM for Cant Prosecute Shit.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Can't Prosecute Shit"

Quite apt in this case me thinks.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

The culprit?

Maybe the CPS would have prosecuted the biker had he survived, after all he was overtaking a line of cars on  approach to a junction.

That sounds pretty careless to me, maybe even reckless?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle