Skip to content

General Everyone's got cameras and it's a small world on youtube.. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Everyone's got cameras and it's a small world on youtube..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Everyone's got cameras and it's a small world on youtube..

Moron in a 4x4 filming skaters going down the highway strays over the double lines to get a better view....Biker coming the other way almost gets totalled.

Moran posts his vid on the net.

Gets loads of abuse for it....and removes it...but not before the biker concerned sees it and saves it.....

..which he saves and reposts back up on you tube .....

..together with his own vid of the same incident ..clearly showing the moron's vehicle and no. plate.

Result! :winkie:

Moron's vid (reposted by biker) :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK_M3WkrEAc

Biker's vid :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HAkqw4UcY

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 March 2013 18:34)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

holy moses

I would of eaten a chunk out of my seat at some point:shock:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Cameras.

Whoa!!!
I've been thinking about gettting a camera myself because of the idiots who are about.
Here's another ball of fire for babyblade.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21478361

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

can't watch anymore

I've just eaten a bowl of egg custard topped with clotted cream, I think my stomach may curdle:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

good reactions

there!!....hope the Toyota tosser get's a 'visit' . 

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Aye

close call:huh: Toyota man fekkin thick as mince driver:mad:

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Holy sheet!!

That is what you might call a close shave!! :shock:

Although it demonstrates quite well, reason no. 1 why you shouldn't ride at knee-down cornering speeds on the road (unless you have a good view of the bend)... you never know what might be coming the other way!!!

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Shocking stuff!! who in their right mind

drives up the wrong side of the road on a blind corner? I can only think they assumed it was a closed road? :huh:

And like BrandsR6 says, you got to leave yourself some leeway for the unexpected, knee down on a racing line on the road leaves little margin, a modifyied racing line gives a bit more scope to see what's coming. A later apex further into the corner gives more visibilty, ie; turn further round the corner on a tighter line, using as much road away from the centre line (on right handed bends in this country, left on the continent, and near to the line only on the opposite, left turning bends (right in other countries)) and then straighten the bike up ready for the straight. that way, you give yourself more view through the corner and more chance to take avoiding action like a swerve or standing the bike up.
If that car had dodged back to it's own side and not made for the side of the road, or if rider had veered right instead of left that would have been nasty, it was in the lap of the gods there, and down to luck of the draw. :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

It was not a closed road

The man has more skill than i, I may have died that day.

The road was not a closed road because watching the original video from the car. There were other bikes and cars following.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i'm with James

i've also been thinking its time to attach a camera. the number of close calls i've been having. .scary couple of videos!:shock:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Yes, I knew it was two way traffic,

the driver might have been in such a dream though....:hmmm:

Been thinking about the camera idea myself, even in the car, there's been so many idiots trying to race me, pulling out, refusing to reverse etc. the other day I had the passenger of a lady driver get out and come and remonstrate with me when she wouldn't reverse :huh:, somewhat unnerving I confess :unsure: I'm wondering about getting the bike back on the road or going cycling, is it a good idea these days? :huh:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices