Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN March 6: Cal faster than Rossi General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN March 6: Cal faster than Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN March 6: Cal faster than Rossi

In this week's MCN, out March 6, we have all the news from the second MotoGP test at Sepang We remember Barry Sheene 10 years on, this week looking at Barry Sheene: the dad, with his daughter Sidonie Sheene. Also this week: MV Agusta Brutale 800 takes on the Triumph Speed Triple R and Ducati Streetfighter 848, the quarter-million-mile man and used Fazer...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 March 2013 13:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Hedgehog 5

Not wanting to be pedantic fella but just had a quick look at the times on Crash.com and it had Lorenzo down as 2m 0.997 and Rossi down at 2m 1.062. Thats 7 hundredths,not 7 tenths difference.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Paddedcell

Don't worry... pedancy is my middle name...

http://resources.motogp.com/files/testresults/MotoGP_Test2__Sepang_combined_3.pdf?version=1362046420

... like Crutchlow, JL did a far faster lap the previous day (while others seemed roughly the same) & was fastest overall in the test. That's how Crutchlow was faster than Rossi, or did you miss that one? Rossi, it appears, saved his best till last albeit only 3 thousandths faster than his day 2 time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Comical Cal headline

Of course the Cal faster than Rossi headline could also say "Rossi faster than Cal on 2 of the 3 days of testing" ...... which is true, a moot point but a point all the same!

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

I was looking at the times on the day not combined as a race is on a day not combined over the whole weekend

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Hedgehog5

I doff my cap in respect fella,I was wondering if it was the combined times you were quoting ,ive just been a bit busy with work(ie,too lazy to have a proper look) and only had a glance at Crash... I am still looking forward to a good season ahead though ,love him or hate him,its going to be good to see what Rossi still has in the tank. A Championship? Maybe,maybe not,but race wins and podiums,most certainly. I look forward to finding out.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Trumpet...

"Of course the Cal faster than Rossi headline could also say "Rossi faster than Cal on 2 of the 3 days of testing" ...... which is true, a moot point but a point all the same!"

True, but it would have to say "2 out of the 3 days" whereas overall Cal was faster than Rossi in the test, full stop... no need for the clarification... & the story is that a Brit with no championships on a satellite bike was faster in the test than Rossi on a factory Yamaha... pretty impressive... let's hope the time "Rossi beats Cal" is headline news is a few years away yet!

Enough of all this testing... roll on the racing!

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

hedge

Oh i fully agree ref racing, let's bring it on and see what happens and who is where.

It's going to be a great season, how will Marquez go in the races , Rossi likewise, love Cal to do well but hope he doesn't get hung up on the non works bike thing, he'll have no Dovi to get in his way so hopefully he'll be on it, if Cal is ahead of Bradl and Bautista he'll be doing great as their bikes are closer to the works stuff than Cal's Yamaha and he must be glad he didn't get the Ducati job at this time.

Remember though Wednesday, the day Rossi was slower he was having troubles with the bike ( looks like Spies luck may have transferred over to his bike as Jorge had no real issue yet Rossi blew two motors and had electrical gremlins too :o)  

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

sheenefan7

Yes me too ... still, there you go.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Trumpet...

You say - "the day Rossi was slower he was having troubles with the bike"

But Rossi says - “The balance is not so bad but we were struggling a bit more in comparison with the first two days,”

So the it was the last day he says he was struggling... when he actually did his fastest time & beat Cal. The day Cal beat all of Rossi's times Rossi was "suffering an electrical problem at the start of the session" but it didn't hinder him for long & he set a lap time half a second off the leader by 11am in 3rd... unless you don't believe Rossi... or any of the other evidence.

I'm sure we can all come up with some other excuses for Rossi's poor performance (spin spin spin)... thankfully in racing there are none... & that's where we're all agreed... bring it on!

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Hedge

Rossi's report on Wednesday: "At the end I'm quite happy especially because it was a very long day, more than 60 laps, so we were able to complete extra work," said Rossi, speaking at Sepang on Wednesday evening.

"Unfortunately we had some technical problems this morning. Similar to yesterday, an electric problem which made us lose some time. Then we just worked with one bike. But anyway this can happen in a test."

The knock-on effect of the delays was that Rossi didn't have both his bikes in full 2013 spec, as was planned. Those will now be available for Thursday's final day.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices